Company: CHRISTUS Health
Base Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Executive
Required Education: Not Specified
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
POSITION SUMMARY Directs, supervises and coordinates all personnel, functions and activities in all departments and assigned areas of responsibility. Consults with and advises the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital (CSRH) President/CEO on issues relating to the operations of the Children’s facility and campus. Recommends changes in policy, facilities, equipment and programs, in order to achieve the hospital’s objectives and improve efficiency. Reviews and evaluates facility/campus compliance with staffing standards. Participates in the preparation of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital’s strategic plan and the operating and capital budgets. Provides personnel with leadership, decision-making and direction in defined areas. Participates in assessing the environment, forecasting trends, transmitting values, communicating ideas, development and implementing policies, managing, and initiating systems and programs. ORGANIZATIONAL REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports To: Regional President/Chief Executive Officer Direct Reports:
Whether your skills lie in patient care or administration and you prefer to work in not-for-profit health care, CHRISTUS Health facilities may have a career opportunity for you. CHRISTUS Health and our facilities are committed to being an equal opportunity employer as part of our on-going mission. It is the policy of CHRISTUS Health not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age or national origin.
- Chief Nursing Officer, Children’s Hospital and women’s Services
- Assistant Administrator, Children’s Hospital
- Director, Ambulatory Services
CHRISTUS Health is committed to providing meaningful benefits for you and your family and to sharing with you the prosperity you help create. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Medical Health Coverage
Prescription Drug Plan
Group Term Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a variety of individuals including physicians, the general public, volunteers, and associates.
Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and stressful environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions as necessary.
- Ability to solve management issues and direct numerous and varied operations.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the necessary programs, goals, policies, and objectives that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to healthcare.
- A minimum of five years of progressive hospital and operations management experience with multi-department responsibility, ten years preferred.
- Must have a proven track record in building productive physician relationships.
C. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications:
- Member or Fellow in American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) preferred.
The Leadership Competencies desired for this leadership position are very comprehensive and the specific focus will change with the needs of the ministry. Central to this role’s performance is the ability of the executive to be proficient in living the Mission and Core Values and call others to the same. The other competencies identified are those determined to be the most critical for the ministry today.
Core Values – Demonstrates CHRISTUS Core Values (Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and Stewardship) in relationships and work.
• Proactively supports the mission and vision of CHRISTUS Health. Demonstrates and expects others to demonstrate personal and professional behaviors consistent with CHRISTUS Health’s mission, vision and values.
• Actively supports the development of the CHRISTUS culture and supports efforts for integration of the culture within the CHRISTUS facility. Provides the leadership that supports the creation of a work environment filled with hope, dignity and mutual respect.
• Ensures the delivery of quality clinical services in areas of responsibility:- Has a shared responsibility with other hospital executives, physicians and directors to establish and maintain a suitable, caring environment for patient care.- Works together with the medical staff in the development of mutually agreed upon clinical care programs.- Mentors staff to be the patient/family advocate.- Provides guidance in emergency/crisis situations.- Ensures current, research based policies and procedures for the departments.
• Manages daily operations and facilitates communication flow to all staff levels.- Participates in initiating and supporting organizational mechanisms and systems that ensure the provision of effective patient care.- Designs an organizational structure with compatible policies and programs that reflect utilization of available resources and responsiveness to the personal and professional development of staff.- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating the hospital’s mission, goals and objectives. Participates in the region’s strategic planning process.- Responsible for ensuring that the goals and objectives of the assigned departments are consistent with those of the hospital and region.- Ensures timely and appropriate response to customers’ concerns and/or operational problems- Ensures accurate flow of pertinent information to personnel in a timely manner. - Maintains effective relationships with hospital personnel. Leads by example.- Monitors department environments to comply with policy/procedures/guidelines to meet all regulatory and licensure requirements.- Actively participates in divisional and hospital-wide meetings/committees.
• Leads Performance Improvement activities for assigned departments.- Continuously assesses and improves assigned departments’ performance.- Utilizes the PDCA model in performance improvement initiatives.- Demonstrate knowledge of emergency plans, infection control policies and safety precautions for patients, staff, visitors and self.- Assess and implement preventive measures and corrective action to reduce/eliminate potential risk.- Provide accurate documentation of situations jeopardizing the well being of patients, visitors and/or personnel.- Ensures compliance with JCAHO standards, licensure agencies and other regulatory requirements.- Participates with leaders from the governing body, management, medical staff and clinical areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities.
• Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.- Make regular rounds of assigned areas to monitor customer perceptions of care.- Interact with customer to promptly address concerns and resolve problems.- Maximize customer service standards.- Emphasize service recovery techniques and mentor techniques to all levels of staff.- Promote positive staff morale and a pleasant, professional working environment.
• Promotes and provides an environment conducive to staff development/continual learning.- Ensures competency-based orientation process.- Provides opportunity for staff to attend departmental and hospital inservices.- Serves as a mentor to promote/enhance staff development in regard to clinical issues and decision-making skills.- Identifies individual and departmental learning needs. Collaborates with the education department to address learning needs.
• Manages Human Resources- Conducts in-depth candidate interviews to fill vacancies.- Provides guidance and counsel to staff to enhance performance.- Addresses and resolves staff performance issues immediately.- Completes staff performance reviews accurately, fairly and timely.- Ensures all HR forms are completed and submitted timely.
• Ensures effective resource management, budgetary compliance and cost containment within assigned areas of responsibility.- Develops, monitors and adjusts the operating budget according to organizational guidelines.- Maintains a cost-per-unit of service or operates assigned cost centers at or less than budget.- Reviews and approves monthly departmental variance analyses for cost centers. Recognizes and addresses trends in staffing and productivity that cause variance.- Develops/analyzes and adjusts staffing patterns based on volume and patient acuity.- Works in partnership with other hospital executives to develop, implement and evaluate hospital policies and programs related to the allocation and need for financial, human, material and informational resources and effectively manages those resources.- Articulates departmental contributions to the financial viability of the hospital necessary for effective patient care.- Establishes and maintains a financial plan for assigned departments that integrates the hospital’s goals and mission. - Monitors the utilization of all cost items and resources used by the staff while ensuring patient safety and adequate resource allocation required for patient care.- Participates in the assessment of management’s informational needs and the development of related policies.- Promotes cost efficient supply utilization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Meet one of the following JCAHO requirements in each of the two categories described below:
- PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is not exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Associate will also have an occasional or reasonable amount (20%) of business travel.
Requisition Number: 0015378
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.