Sears Home Improvement Products & Services
Burnsville, MN 55306
PT Sales Associate, Product Repair Services (Burnsville, MN)
Admin - Clerical
Save This Job
Save this job
Email This Job
Email this job
Print This Job
PT Sales Associate, Product Repair Services (Burnsville, MN)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Consultative Sales Associate is responsible for providing positive frontline contact with the customer, determining and meeting customer needs, providing customer assistance and support, and ensuring that customer's Parts or Carry-In shopping experience is positive. This position uses technical knowledge in terms of products, repairs, and high-use parts application, as well as excellent communication to translate customer needs into Parts or Carry-In solutions. This position also exercises the appropriate level of persuasiveness needed to close the sale. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This role is responsible for greeting all customers visiting location and providing them answers to questions and ensures an overall positive shopping experience. Handles Carry In product carefully and per procedural guidelines. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: • Provides knowledgeable and courteous customer service. • Attains personal sales goals through adherence to the customer enthusiasm selling process. • Maximizes selling potential of every transaction (add-on sales, accessories, and parts needed to complete the repair). • Supports Company profitability in selling Carry-In repair via the Carry-In process (pre-approval forms, customer technician check sheets). • Adheres to all Company policies and procedures. • Adheres to ISO standards and policies. • Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the selling techniques of creating customer enthusiasm (Prepare, Relate, Discover, Advocate, Support, and Close). • Demonstrates empowerment to ensure total customer satisfaction. • Takes ownership of sales floor merchandise presentation. • Performs opening and closing responsibilities under request of the Manager. • Performs multiple duties, including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, signing, shipping and receiving, and parts inventory control. • Promotes Protection Agreement sales and the achievement of the Protection Agreement sales standard. • Maximizes revenue opportunities. • Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of LCD and plasma products, surround sound systems, and digital cameras is needed in some but not all locations. • Advanced knowledge of new technology. • Knowledge of appliances, air conditioners, cleaners and lawn & garden products, including sales skills and parts knowledge. • Ability to provide knowledgeable, courteous, and professional customer service. • Ability to effectively communicate with Sears associates, Vendors, Third Party customers, and other outside sources. • Ability to convey a positive image of the Company in all actions and behaviors. • Ability to read and utilize reports effectively. • Ability to read, understand, and apply written text in order to answer questions, solve problems, or complete job tasks. • Ability to read, write, and speak English. • Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance. • Ability to work productively and effectively when faced with stressful situations, including maintaining effective interactions with others under stressful working conditions. • Ability to work well with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate that brings out the best in team members. • Ability to collaborate and build relationships with others to get the job done and deliver high performance results. • Ability to protect Company assets by following established policies and procedures to sales detail processing, sorting, and recording (Credit, ringing in appropriate accounts). • Ability to assist customers with transporting merchandise to and from their vehicles. • Ability to set, maintain, re-stock, and inventory sales floor merchandise according to business specifications. • Ability to adhere to accurate inventory maintenance (i.e., counting of product, database input, and receiving of new product). • Ability to perform all procedures and work instruction according to ISO 9001 standards (ISO Certified Districts). • Proficient skill in the use of the Sears Internal Systems. • Time management skills. • Ability to treat all customers with respect and dignity. • Ability to accept responsibility for work assignments and job duties, and to be held accountable for successful completion. • Ability to work with minimal supervision. • Ability to maintain a professional appearance according to Company dress code. • Ability to have commitment to quality work in all areas. • Ability to use appropriate security, maintenance, and safety procedures to protect Company and customer assets. • Ability to avoid accidents by recognizing potentially unsafe situations, and to respond appropriate when accidents occur. • Ability to apply appropriate use of personal protective equipment (i.e., back belt, safety glasses). • Ability to perform job duties inside and outside. • Skill in using computers and databases. • Skill in using point of sale systems. • Knowledge of Internet-based applications. • Outstanding customer service skills. • Basic analytical and quantitative skills. • Ability to be open to change, and to implement change quickly and effectively. • Ability to constantly lift, carry, push, or pull up to 10 lbs. • Ability to frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. • Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 lbs. • Ability to reach outward, handle and finger objects, walk, and type using a keyboard. • Ability to frequently stand. • Ability to occasionally bend, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, and reach above shoulder. • Ability to pass the pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. • Willing to submit to random drug testing, per Company policy.
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Adoption Assistance
- Kmart Advantage Rx
- ConSern Loans for Education
- Worklife Solutions
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
- National Holidays
About Sears Home Improvement Products and Services
Sears Home Improvement Products and Services, a member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) family of companies, is one of America's largest home improvement companies for siding and windows installation with operations in 45 states. Our products include siding, custom manufactured and installed windows, custom home entry doors, kitchen remodeling, custom cabinet refacing and Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC).
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.