Sr. Java Developer
Title: Sr. Java Developer
Location: United States-California-West Sacramento
Job Number: 12010961
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
May perform one or more of the following:
This position is responsible for designing /developing components and features of a Web Portal style application. The ideal candidate will be familiar with IBM products and methodology. They will be well versed in all aspect of the application lifecycle including analysis, design, development, quality control, testing, and technical documentation.
All other duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years’ experience developing Java/J2EE applications
• Strong knowledge in Core Java
• Strong knowledge in Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Extensive knowledge in object oriented design, design patterns, and best practices
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent
Knowledge in the following technologies:
• Java Server Faces (JSF) / Facelets
• AJAX component frameworks (RichFaces, IceFaces)
• Spring or Enterprise Java Beans 3 (EJB3)
• ORM Frameworks (Java Persistence API/JPA, Hibernate, TopLink)
• Java Message Service (JMS)
• Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Selenium)
• Application Servers (JBoss, Glassfish)
• Technical Skills:J2EE, JSP/Servlets (or similar), Spring, Hibernate, Junit, AJAX, SCA, BPEL, XML, XSLET, WSDL, JMS, SOAP, WebServices/WS standards
• Product/Tookset Skills: Websphere ESB, WPS, WTX, WBM, Oracle ESB, Weblogic, WID, Oracle SOA Suite
• Experienced in development in any major database (Oracle/DB2/SQL Server)
• Familiarity with RDBMS concepts
• SOA experience preferably 2 years with IBM WebSphere
• Experience building business high-volume transactional systems is a strong plus
Xerox Business Services, LLC and its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Services may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to accommodations @ xerox.com.
Not ready to apply?
We are a group of talented people who provide business process outsourcing and information technology (IT) services to schools, small businesses, government agencies, and Fortune 1000 companies – we span all types and sizes of organizations – worldwide. We are dedicated to innovation, service and giving our clients the freedom to focus on what matters most: Their real business.
We have the technology and services to take on all our clients’ essential business processes. It’s a powerful statement and one that defines and differentiates our company. We offer our clients the most diverse array of business process and IT outsourcing support. We’re the people who make technology work for a variety of industries, including education, energy, financial, government, healthcare, retail, and transportation
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.