Sr. LINUX Engineer
Title: Sr. LINUX Engineer
Location: United States-Oregon-Hillsboro
Job Number: 13004352
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
• Senior Linux expert, prefer experience with Redhat Enterprise Linux, version 5 or higher.
• Mimimum 7 years experience in a large enterprise setting.
• Job requires experience with virtualization (VMware/ESX preferred) and administering a Satellite server.
• Technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Customer relations skills
• Advanced project management skills to be able to plan and lead very large complex projects
• Ability to recommend strategic direction in the UNIX environment.
• Take part in an On Call Rotation,
• Handle incidents and problems in a prompt and professional manner.
• Experienced in dealing with vendors support organizations, escalating issues when required.
• Performance analysis and resolution
• Problem determination, presenting possible client service issues to senior management, making recommendations to alleviate issues and implementing them.
• Participate in DR exercises and must have experience in Disaster Recovery solutions, ensuring systems are returned to operational status in the minimum amount of time.
• Creation and documentation of process standards for the team.
• Proven skills in the management of large scale enterprise systems.
• 10 years’ experience in installation and configuration of UNIX systems.
• Solid knowledge of HPUX 11.31.
• Large Enterprise HP servers experience (eg Superdomes1 & 2, RX6600, RX8640)
• Logical Volume Manager and VxFS.
• Ignite backup and recovery
• Storage and Storage migration knowledge.
• Trouble shooting experience for TCP/IP and SAN issues
• Fibre channel issue resolution
• Software package installation knowledge.
• HPVM, nPar and vPar management
• Scripting skills
• All other duties as assigned.
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by calling 1-866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to accommodations @ xerox.com.
Not ready to apply?
We are a group of talented people who provide business process outsourcing and information technology (IT) services to schools, small businesses, government agencies, and Fortune 1000 companies – we span all types and sizes of organizations – worldwide. We are dedicated to innovation, service and giving our clients the freedom to focus on what matters most: Their real business.
We have the technology and services to take on all our clients’ essential business processes. It’s a powerful statement and one that defines and differentiates our company. We offer our clients the most diverse array of business process and IT outsourcing support. We’re the people who make technology work for a variety of industries, including education, energy, financial, government, healthcare, retail, and transportation
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.