Statement of Purpose
Our ideal candidate must be experienced in the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile) and have a strong quality ethic. The candidate must have good problem solving skills, excellent coding/debugging skills, the eagerness to learn new technologies and a proven track record as a strong ETL Developer. Imp Note: Need someone who can work on W2 only (NO C2C)
1. Networking with Business Analysts to help translate business requirements into technical specifications.
2. Responsible for development, maintenance & administration of a DataStage/QualityStage environment.
3. Shared on-call support with team members.
4. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems.
5. Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
6. Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation.
7. Participate in project planning, milestone identifications, and resource requirements.
8. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team and individually with excellent interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
9. All other duties as assigned.
• 5+ yrs hands-on experience development and administration with DataStage/QualityStage with full domain knowledge of the software (certification preferred). • End to end knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing architectures
• 2+ years' experience with Linux operating systems.
• Experience with dimensional star & snowflake models, data marts, and or data warehouses
• Efficient in all phases of the development lifecycle, coherent with Data Cleansing, Data Conversion, Performance Tuning and System Testing.
• Data Processing experience in designing and implementing Data Mart applications, mainly transformation processes using ETL tool DataStage (Ver8.7/9.1), designing and developing jobs using DataStage Designer, DataStage Manager, DataStage Director and DataStage Debugger.
• Very strong SQL skills with the ability to analyze & improve database SQL performance on these platforms. (DB2,Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server)
• Understand and navigate complex multi-dimensional business source systems and participate in warehouse design
• Knowledge of web presentation architectures and hardware / software implementations for Infosphere Enterprise Server 8.7/9.1
• Proven track record in addressing production issues like performance tuning and enhancement.
• Efficient in incorporation of various data sources such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and DB2, XML and Flat files into the staging area.
• BS Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.