1) Troubleshoot and improve production processes, investigate and implement alternate processes to improve yield, reduce cost, etc.
2) Use systematic problem-solving and valid statistical methods (DMAIC/six-sigma certification preferred)
3) Provide technical expertise and leadership in the planning and implementation of projects to improve and re-validate existing manufacturing processes
4) Investigate and qualify material changes to replace obsolete materials for current products as needed to ensure production continuity
5) Recommend, investigate and implement manufacturing cost reduction projects
6) Plan and implement specified projects to be completed including organizing and leading members of various sections, planning and scheduling, coordinating resources (personnel, materials, time, money, suppliers), preparing proper documentation, etc.
7) Monitor and control production processes
8) Identify issues and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
9) Gather, track and analyze production data for meetings, business plan, etc. (yields/outputs/efficiencies)
10) Serve as the technical expert in his/her areas of engineering inside and outside the company
11) Attend meetings and prepare monthly reports as required
12) Ensure that effective communication of ideas, information and issues to appropriate stakeholders
13) Ensure compliance to quality policy
14) Follow all requirements of applicable national and international regulations
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Biotechnology Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, Medical Device Jobs, Small Molecule, Biologic, Oncology, Hematology, Dermatology, Neurology, Cardiology, Urology, Nephrology, Vaccine, Disease, Drug Development, Surgery, Physician, EMR, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Scientist, R&D, Clinical Research, Clinical Trial, Regulatory Affairs, Nutraceutical, Surgeon, MD, Hospital, Immunology, Quality, QC, Validation, Engineer, QA, Manufacturing, Engineering, Aseptic, Sterility, Hospital, Research and Development, Medical Affairs, Drug Safety
1) University degree is required (preference will be given to those with degree in relevant field, though all candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply)
2) Appropriate full-time work experience is mandatory (no students or fresh graduates please)
3) Recent experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred
4) Preference will be given to people who have recent experience in process engineering
Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is the premier recruitment firm in North America for companies involved in the research, clinical development, manufacturing and distribution of drugs and devices that allow patients to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Leveraging a network of relationships in every major city – including New York, San Francisco, Raleigh-Durham, Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Los Angeles – Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is ideally positioned to assist fast growing CROs, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms and medical device players in their quest to recruit the best people.