|Company: DCP Midstream, LLC|
|Base Pay: N/A|
|Employee Type: Full-Time|
|Industry: Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric|
|Manages Others: Not Specified|
|Job Type: Engineering|
DCP is an environment of positive energy
A key part of our philosophy is that we reward both individual
and company performance. Individuals can earn more if they and the
company perform well.
"It takes an array of people with varying expertise and skills
to contribute to our role in meeting society's growing need for energy.
We place high value in developing our employees so they can grow and
reach their career goals. But we also believe it's up to each employee
to manage their own career by identifying growth opportunities and
projects to delve into"
Chris Lewis, Group Vice President, Chief Administrative
DCP Midstream, LLC, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, leads
the midstream segment as one of the top three largest natural gas
gatherers and processors, the largest producer of natural gas liquids,
and one of the largest marketers of natural gas liquids in the country.
DCP Midstream is an equal opportunity employer.
DCP Midstream is a 50-50 joint venture between Spectra
Energy and ConocoPhillips.
Sr. NGL Pipeline Hydraulic Engineer
Not Ready To Apply?
DCP Midstream, LLC, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, leads the midstream segment as one of the top three largest natural gas gatherers and processors, the largest producer of natural gas liquids, and one of the largest marketers of natural gas liquids in the country.
DCP Midstream is a 50-50 joint venture between Spectra Energy and ConocoPhillips.
DCP Midstream, LLC, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is a leader in the midstream segment of the energy industry as the No. 1 NGL producer, No. 2 natural gas gatherer and processor, and No. 3 NGL pipeline operator in the U.S., based on miles of pipeline operated. DCP Midstream is a 50-50 joint venture between Phillips 66 and Spectra Energy. DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S., DCP Midstream is proud of the role its 3,200 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 states. DCP Midstream is the largest oil and gas company and the largest private company in Denver, and is the Top Company Winner for Energy/Natural Resources in Colorado as recognized by ColoradoBiz. For more information, visit the DCP Midstream website at www.dcpmidstream.com.
DCP Midstream, LLC is also the general partner and manages the operations of DCP Midstream Partners, LP, a midstream master limited partnership (MLP) which trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DPM). (www.dcppartners.com)
The Sr. Hydraulics/Process Engineer will perform hydraulic analysis and process simulations for liquid transmission and gathering systems. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist Pipeline Control in the most efficient operation of DCP liquid pipelines.
• Develop hydraulic models of current liquid systems and future additions as required by Business Management.
• Utilize computerized hydraulic simulations to determine pipeline capacity, "what if" operations and assist with facility changes.
• Interact closely with Operations personnel in assisting with optimal design operations for energy economy and/or transportation agreements.
• Work with Commercial group in analyzing projects including new volumes, expansions and green field projects.
• Support project engineering in process simulations required for PFD and P&ID development and process blow down analyses.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
• Working knowledge of fluid properties and hydraulic theory is required.
• Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in energy business with pipeline fluid flow simulations required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in process flow simulations
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs is required.
• Experience with process simulation software is required.
• Experience with Stoner Pipeline Simulator software is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management.
• Ability to work in a team or individually.
• Required to analyze problems, develop effective solutions and see task through to completion.
• Ability to handle multiple ongoing assignments.
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.