Product Manager Research Instruments
Global marketing product manager responsible for the identification of global market requirements, recommendation of new products, and product management for a research flow cytometry instrumentation product line. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Ensures that budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manages assigned product line with responsibility for results in terms of achievement of budgeted levels of sales and gross margins, costs, methods and employee(s).Works in cross-functional team to deliver operational objectives and assignments.
Establishes assigned product line policies, priorities and procedures.
Contributes to the development and execution of new product plans which meet the Division's worldwide strategic and financial objectives. Prepares and submits new product proposals. Proactively develops product specifications (customer requirements) and establishes and monitors key business drivers for projects in phase-gated product development process. Serves as marketing representative on appropriate program teams. Develops and implements global launch plans including pricing, promotion, sales and other customer-facing associate training. Provides regular feedback and updated product information to North American sales and international sales/marketing personnel.
Communicates project status, progress, problems, and procedures to manager.
Develops the annual marketing plan for assigned product line(s) products, specifically, including pricing, positioning and promotional strategies. Develops promotional materials and programs including catalogues, sales aids, direct mail, advertising, and external events, working with the Marketing Communications Team. Provides direction and support for worldwide sales forces in the form of appropriate and sufficient training and collateral material to achieve revenue goals.
Conducts appropriate market analysis and competitive product research to provide information on market segmentation, market share, and customer requirements.
Monitors product line for opportunities to maximize sales and profitability. Evaluates current pricing versus competition and customers' perceptions and takes appropriate actions in view of business objectives.
Provides North American unit and dollar forecasts. Monitors worldwide revenue, units and dollars on a regular basis.
Provides adequate and appropriate training and direction to sales representatives including positioning, sales tactics, competitive comparisons and product features and benefits. Acts as technical advisor for specific product lines. Prepares and delivers presentations at regional and national sales meetings.
Provides marketing and/or technical support at conventions user's meetings, workshops, and other specific marketing functions. Conducts demonstrations as required.
Monitors for potential competitive trade mark and patent violations and provides support for investigations.
Keeps abreast of the U.S. and non-U.S. regulations affecting own area of supervision/management and complies with those regulations. Initiates changes to BD practices and procedures to support compliance requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
Ensures Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) training through facilitating the development and implementation of safety awareness programs. Implements scheduled departmental safety inspections and ensures corrective action for identified hazards. Ensures EH&S policies and procedures are followed through education and training. Discusses and documents pertinent EH&S topics at staff meetings. Participates in EH&S programs.
Implements the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan as it applies to the function supervised.
Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the life science industry.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a customer facing role.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Previous sales/marketing experience in life science industry desired.
- Working knowledge of cell analysis applications or technical aptitude/background evidenced by past experience marketing 'high technology' products in the Biomedical sector, preferably Flow cytometry products.
- Technical knowledge of Flow Cytometry including hands on laboratory experience
- Demonstrated involvement in high-end capital equipment transactions
- Proven field scientific sales/ Support experience
- Demonstrated success in the development of product marketing plans, sales strategies, competitive product analyses, product specifications, product launches, promotional materials and forecasting.
- Effective financial management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills- ability to explain highly technical information to both technical and non technical audiences
- Effective meeting and presentation skills- with experience presenting technical content at conferences/ tutorials.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Effective creativity skills.
- Establishes and builds close working relationships across the organization and demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.