Software Engineer(.NET) Job
Software Engineer(.NET) (Job Number:332435)
Varec, a Leidos’s Company Mission Support Business Group (MSBG) is seeking to add an experienced Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing applications, interfaces and reports for the commercial customers. Varec is a leading supplier of automation, control and information systems for the oil and gas market. Varec develops and maintains a suite of software and hardware products and provides systems integration and lifecycle support services for defense organizations, airlines and oil companies. These products are provided as turnkey solutions and as a Software as a Service through Varec’s data center. The Software Engineer will work as an integrated part of the systems and software engineering teams through the full project lifecycle, including concept, design, construction, acceptance testing, and post production support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide engineering estimates
- Analyze software requirements to develop detailed designs
- Develop software solutions to meet functional specifications
- Provide technical support and defect remediation in support of released products
- Develop custom reports and associated stored procedures using Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services
- Develop application extension and custom interfaces to integrate with customer’s systems
- Write and execute manual test procedures
- Develop automated test scripts
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Ability to estimate the work and deliver the project on schedule within strict time and resource constraints
- Ability to work with project deployment team in a team environment
- Ability to learn the business and product quickly and adapt to a dynamic development environment
- Ability to communicate with the customers to gather and define the requirements precisely
- Proven experience with Microsoft Visual C#, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft ASP.Net, XML
- Proven experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 and Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Hands-on experience in creating reports and stored procedures using Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Communication Foundation and HTML5
- Microsoft Certifications
- Experience in the oil, fuels or aviation industry preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Planning and organizational skills
- Very detailed oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Equivalent
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Sep 9, 2013, 2:57:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-GA-NORCROSS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business.
VALUES, BELIEFS & EXPECTATIONS
The foundation of the Leidos culture are our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognize and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
INSPIRED to make a difference
We are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. We achieve this by connecting our employees’ knowledge and our superior technologies across Leidos in pursuit of answers. We know that by embracing the differences of all employees we will unlock the creativity and innovation that makes a difference.
PASSIONATE about customer success
We are determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own. This plus our dedication to deliver superior results ensures that we will create solutions that lead our markets.
UNITED as a team
We are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity are core to how we operate. We engage with others from a basis of trust because we believe that everyone is doing his or her best and wants to do the right thing. Therefore, we collaborate and share to create value for our employees, our shareholders and our communities.