Senior Tax Analyst
Why choose American Tower?
It’s where you want to be. Today’s American Tower is a dynamic, performance-driven organization full of new opportunities and the highest standards of excellence. Our culture is based on integrity, accountability, hard work, collaboration and social responsibility. We offer careers in a variety of fields where talented people can develop and grow professionally.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless communications sites. We provide the infrastructure that allows your cellular phones and other mobile devices to work. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, we have offices throughout the United States and in ten other countries in Latin America, Asia, Europe and Africa.
No matter where you join us, you'll find a diverse team of global employees focused on our shared success. You will also receive a generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as learning and development opportunities.
American Tower – where you want to be.
The Senior Tax Analyst, reporting to the tax compliance manager, will assist the tax department in all tax functions as needed, primarily domestic tax compliance and planning.
- Preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns, including gathering data and preparing workpapers
- Preparation of federal and state income tax estimates and extensions
- Assist in responding to inquiries from tax authorities in connection to tax audits/notices
- Assist in the preparation of domestic return-to-provision analysis – upon completion of the US tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of ASC740 quarterly and annual tax provision
- Assist with the monthly taxable income calculation/review and long term forecast as needed.
- Review of regular, AMT, and E&P tax depreciation.
- Preparation/review of state tax adjustments and review of state tax returns.
- Assist with REIT Test as needed.
- Research tax issues from time to time using CCH Tax Research Network and BNA Tax Management Portfolios.
- Assist with other non-recurring tax compliance or planning projects as arise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Strong Analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with OneSource tax compliance software, online research tools, and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent references
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a Master’s in Taxation (MST) preferred
- Three to six years combined tax experience in large public accounting ('Big 4') environment and corporate environment, with an emphasis on tax reporting and federal and state income tax compliance issues
- CPA preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5%-10% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Additional We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above. The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met. American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower (NYSE: AMT) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless and broadcast communication sites. Our global portfolio includes approximately 50,000 owned or managed sites and is experiencing steady growth. In addition to leasing space on towers, we provide customized collocation solutions through our Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) that support seamless in-building and outdoor wireless coverage.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, American Tower has local offices across the United States and in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, India, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Uganda and the United Kingdom.