Manager, Human Resources- Sales & Marketing ~ Maui, HI
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,380 hotels, more than 185 vacation ownership resorts, more than 100,000 vacation rental properties and more than 32,500 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership (“WVO”) currently seeks a Manager of Human Resources in Maui, HI.
The Human Resources Manager is a 'hands on' role that will provide significant support in the areas of employee relations, performance and talent management, coaching and the implementation of HR programs and initiatives. The position reports to the Director, Human Resources, Wyndham Vacation Ownership, and will partner with the Sales, Marketing and Hospitality business units to provide guidance and direction in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This individual will be responsible for working with specified client groups that range from sales, marketing, hourly operations, administrative to executive leadership.
- The position will direct, counsel and execute applicable human resources strategy.
- Initiatives may include organization and employee development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and policy interpretation.
- Significant project management responsibilities will include rollout/implementation of company-wide programs that align with the strategic goals of each client group.
- The successful candidate will understand the necessity and value of building and maintaining effective working relationships with the client groups in order to drive organizational change and achieve sustained team effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or similar
- Must have 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible, hands on HR experience in all HR functions (employee relations, performance management, leadership development, legislation and compliance issues, HRIS).
- Minimum 3- 5 years experience working with and supporting senior management.
- Experience that illustrates the ability to manage multiple employment matters simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with, manage and influence senior leadership on key people and employment matters. Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Must have a proven track record of proactive strategic thinking, delivery and sense of urgency in a collaborative environment.
- A demonstrated record of implementing customized solutions, interventions and strategies to improve organizational results is required.
- Very strong business acumen and a proven track record of setting and executing HR and business objectives preferred.
- Successful candidate will also have demonstrated capacity to skillfully communicate with all levels of employees, influence outcomes and establish credibility as a skilled HR business partner.
- Computer software knowledge required, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be flexible in adapting to a dynamic, fast-paced environment and possess strong organizational and problem solving skills.
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham
People Make the Difference
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
About Wyndham Worldwide
Wyndham Worldwide is one of the world's largest hospitality companies, providing a wide range of accommodations and services for leisure and business travelers through a global portfolio that includes the world's largest hotel company, the world's largest vacation exchange network, the world's largest marketer of serviced vacation rentals, and the world's leading vacation ownership business.