Manager, Social Media
Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fifteenth consecutive year in January 2013 and as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies for the twelfth year in March 2013.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
Manager, Social Media
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Manage the overall strategy and execution for Aflac’s social media programs, including but not limited to the Aflac Duck, B2B, Broker, Philanthropy, and Agent Recruiting initiatives; oversee agencies and team members supporting the programs
Ensures Aflac’s brand is monitored and protected through social media channels and works with team members and agencies to ensure the proper notification and response is provided when issues arise
Collaborates with Media and Advertising team on all integrated marketing campaigns meeting the objectives of the marketing strategies, and reflecting the desired Aflac Brand and Customer Experience
Collects the objectives and requirements for projects; with clear understanding of budget, determines best internal or external resources to engage in projects; sets the calendar/timelines and deadlines for each project with the Traffic Manager and manages projects to completion against the objectives
Responsible for and manages the relationships with field leadership, external agencies and internal staff involved in developing content for use on social channels; Works with these groups to ensure content is used accurately and in a timely fashion
Act as internal consultant to other internal groups to provide guidance on social media best practice; Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics
Implement a proactive strategy for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly; Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy; Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business, report to appropriate management
Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns
Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of Social Media programs. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
Provides leadership and management to the Brand Protection Coordinator. Provides challenging tasks and assignments and constructs compelling development plans to increase the skill level of the team. Provides information about the Marketing strategies and goals and reviews and interprets performance against plans and standard
Education & Experience
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, business administration, or a related field and six years of professional experience in media and advertising.
- Two years minimum experience in Social Media Marketing
- Two years in a leadership/senior/supervisory capacity
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be well acquainted with social media developments, online behavior and trends; experience strategizing, online monitoring and measurement platforms; successfully managing program budgets; experience in project management
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications and team facilitation skills to interact effectively with senior and executive management, as well as internal and external customers
- Impeccable attention to detail, specifically in regards to written communications
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms and tools
- Must have experience and knowledge in content development, presentation design, and impactful writing
- Ability to operate and provide leadership/influence in a complex business environment involving multiple business issues and to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Bilingual English and Spanish (preferred)
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Core Manager Competencies
Drive for Results, Informing, Building Effective Teams, Developing Direct Reports, Hiring and Staffing, Motivating Others
Business and Financial Acumen, Collaboration, Innovation Management, Managing Vision and Purpose, Organizing, Perseverance, Problem Solving
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), stock purchase plans, and many more.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.