Urgent need for License Practical Nurse in West Valley
Healthcare - Health Services
MAKE A CHANGE TO A MEANINGFUL JOB, HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT IN A CHILD'S LIFE !
DO YOU LOVE KIDS AND WANT TO MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE? Fluent, Bilingual, Pediatric Nurse Needed for Home Health in Phoenix LPN's (and RN's)
Recent G-tube, and Trach.,experience needed
1 year minimum clinical experience necessary
First and Second shift/ Full and Part time
1. Evaluate the patient’s response to treatment and communicates changes to the RN as indicated.
2. Adhere to the established care plan, the physician’s plan of treatment under the direction of a RN
3. Provide skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan to include the following:
a. Nursing services, administrations of treatments, medications and procedures requiring the skills of the LPN, under the direction of a RN and as ordered by the physician.
b. Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to a Registered Nurse the patient’s response to treatments, medications and other interventions, as well as changes in the client’s physical or emotional condition.
4. The LPN documents the care provided to the patient, any changes noted in the patients condition and/or family and home situation. All changes in the patient’s condition will be reported directly to the Registered Nurse and documented in the clinical notes.
5. Demonstrate sound clinical judgment.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Compliance with all requirements set forth company policy, state/federal regulations and within the company’s compliance program.
2. The ability to comprehend and follow directions as appropriate given by the company, supervisory personnel and in compliance with physicians orders. Acts as an advocate for the patient.
3. Maintain appropriate documentation of services provided in order to meet regulatory requirements, company policy and to ensure reimbursement for services provided.
The LPN is responsible to ensure their own professional development by attending appropriate internal or external inservice education programs in order to keep abreast of clinical standards and maintain licensure. Internal in-service programs are offered without charge throughout the year and scheduled well in advance so that all may attend.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS:
1. Ability to operate motor vehicle, and applicable clinical equipment that may be needed to provide care for patients. The LPN is responsible to communicate with the RN or clinical manager if he or she requires inservice or other training in order to operate such equipment.
2. Physical demand and requirements: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, bending, seeing, repetitive motions, climbing and digital dexterity and sensitivity.
3. Physical requirements;
a. For office work – exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
b. For patient visits; Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and /or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and /or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
4. Visual Acuity: Must have visual ability to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, read extensively, operate machines, tools and devices utilized, operate motor vehicle, and perform nursing functions/techniques involved in the job responsibilities.
Minimum 1 year hands on clinical experience needed
The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions
1. Current LPN license, in good standing, in the state(s) within which they will practice
2. 1 year professional nursing experience is required; an exception to this may be made for nurses with 12 months experience with written approval from the corporate clinical department
3. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
4. Strong clinical judgment and critical thinking skills to make effective decisions with ability to adhere to Company/State/Regulatory requirements
5. Experience in Home Healthcare preferred
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.