Software Engineer, Mobile Web | Chicago, IL
Alliant Credit Union, founded in 1935, is an independently operated financial cooperative serving over 140 employee groups with more than 280,000 members and over $8 billion in assets, making it the largest credit union in Illinois, and the sixth largest in the nation, based on assets and deposits.
As a member-owned financial institution, Alliant exists to foster members’ financial well being and to serve their best interests. With Service Centers in the Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, NJ, San Francisco Bay, Tempe AZ and Washington, DC areas, Alliant is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois at 11545 W. Touhy Avenue. As an Illinois-chartered credit union, Alliant is under the supervision of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
Alliant is an equal housing lender and federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which is administered by the National Credit Union Administration, an independent agency of the U.S. Government. Learn more about Alliant online at www.alliantcreditunion.org.
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant:
At Alliant you will experience unique and rewarding opportunities for growth, challenge, innovation and leadership.
- Innovation – We aim to identify, leverage and manage to your strengths–giving you the ability to achieve and exceed your objectives, and grow by doing what you do best
- Rewards – We target our compensation and benefits to be in the top third among financial services competitors. Every employee also participates in an incentive pay plan that rewards employees for attaining organizational and individual goals
- Growth Opportunities – Both formal and self-directed growth and development opportunities are available, including online learning and career development, classroom-style training courses, and growth and development planning with your manager
- Diversity – Our diversity allows us to better serve a broad membership. We seek the best-qualified and talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Illegal discrimination and harassment of any kind is not tolerated in our environment
- High Standards – The Alliant Employee Code of Conduct helps to ensure a high standard of professional excellence in all that we do
- Challenge – Working at Alliant is rewarding and challenging. It offers variety in work and stretches your limits to learn and grow in your career
- Leadership – Employees have the opportunity to work cross-functionally to share information, exchange ideas and do their best work for members
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of mobile device and web based application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of .NET programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. Direction is received from the Sr. Manager of Electronic Services.
.NET Programming and Development:
- Develop, create, and modify finance computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Analyze and design application database solutions, collaborating database development efforts across organization.
- Responsible for full life cycle development of web based applications to include design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems.
- Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- May conduct cross-functional code review.
- Perform detailed analysis/design of functional and non-functional requirements and translate them to software solutions in the Android/iOS application environment.
- Demonstrates a conceptual and business understanding of an application, as well as related applications, and is able to quickly and accurately discuss the impact of new technology, platforms and design criteria on the application.
- Able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions and how they fit into the application in an easily understood manner
- Work cross-functionally in evaluating new technology, both proprietary and open source, for use in the Android/iOS application environment.
- Develop Android/iOS and responsive designed applications for mobile environments.
- Provide application support and training to developers, testing (both automated and manual) and production support personnel. Support post-production issues.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Completion of a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant Microsoft Certification. Minimum of five years’ experience in application development using .NET Framework. Demonstrable expertise and understanding of development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance required. Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required.
Required Technical Skills:
Languages/Platform: Objective C, C, C++, Java, Android SDK, C#.NET,
Software Tools: Xcode 4.0, Xcode 5.0, COCOA, JSON, UML, Photoshop, MS Visual Basic, MS Office, MS Visio.
Databases: SQLite, Oracle 9i, My Sql, SQL Server, MS Access.
Operating Systems: MAC OS, Windows 7/XP/Vista, LinuxApplication Layer Technologies: .NET framework 2.0/3.5/4.0, MVC Framework 2.0/3.0, NUnit, Mocking techniques using MOQ, MSMQ, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#, VB.Net, Visual Basic 6, ASP.NET Custom Resource provider, Entity Framework, WCF, ASMX, SOAP, XSLT, XML, WSDL, REST based web service
- Database Layer Technologies: SSIS, Crystal Reports, SSRS, MS SQL, Stored Procedures, DTS, Triggers, Views
- Content Management and Source Control: SharePoint and Team Foundation Services
- Software Development Methodology: Agile development methodology, Technical Designs, Business requirement gathering, Multi-tier applications with thorough knowledge and experience in each layer, Web Farm environment, Production Support
- Mobile Development Technologies: HTML5/CSS3 and related technologies, Apple X Toolkit, Android SDK, mCommerce Application Development, Object C, Cross platform development tools, Mobile Device testing.
- Testing Technologies: Automated Testing using QTP, Web Application security testing using OWASP
Preferred Technical Skills:
Financial industry experience with Jack Henry / Symitar API (SymConnect)
Ability and willingness to learn new computer languages and technologies quickly. Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must have good communication and collaboration skills. Solid diagnostic, testing, and problem-solving skills. Good organizational and time management skills. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment. Must be enthusiastic, team-oriented and positive attitude.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.