Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisory Services Job
We are looking to hire a Director of Business Valuation to be key part of our South East Financial Advisory Services Team. This position can be - based in either Raleigh, N.C. or Charlotte, N.C. If you enjoy working with clients to figure out ways of improving efficiencies, adding value by matching Firm capabilities with client needs, we invite you to join our winning strategy with our Financial Advisory Services Team.
Our business valuation team performs valuations of business entities, intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities along with partnership interests, private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting; bankruptcy and reorganization; litigation and dispute resolution; and strategic planning.
At McGladrey our goal of being a trusted business advisor is reflective in our practice. We believe that the engagement consultation process needs to actively involve our clients. We bring a team of seasoned industry and technical specialists who are committed to providing responsive service.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Education: Minimum Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics Masters Degree in Business, Finance or Economics preferred
Professional Certifications: CPA/ABV, ASAor CFA
- Practice development and management, marketing and thought leadership
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-office environment
- Successful candidate will have experience in managing client relationships and leveraging them to sell Firm solutions
- Ability to exceed client expectations in a sophisticated large consulting or accounting firm environment. Experience with a 'Big 4' or national/regional consulting firm providing valuation services including valuation for financial reporting, tax reporting and litigation support
- Demonstrated ability to develop business and a productive referral network
- 5+ years in Management/Leadership/Supervisory experience
- Testimonial experience (expert witness) a plus
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Mergerstat, other transaction databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other McGladrey offices if needed particularly in the South East
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues
- Establish and maintain an effective sales and marketing process in the Valuation practice area including the following items. Specific growth goals will be established and incorporated in key goals.
- Maintaining an established referral network, pipeline of potential clients,
- Networking with peers in other geographic markets and in other areas of assurance, tax and business consulting; and
- Contributing thought leadership in practice area.
- Directand oversee valuation analyses for litigation support purposes
- Provide clients with pre-/post- M&A advisory (pre-acquisition earnings impacts, management buy-outs, and strategic advisory).
- Provide fair value expertise to audit team. Manage fair value audit-assist engagements. Provide expertise to audit prospect process.
- Enhance and improve effectiveness of business processes/financial models/reports.
- Primary advisor to clients/manage engagement team members.
- Manager/Oversee/Train/develop other business valuation professionals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
- Effectively manage overall client relationships to exceed client satisfaction
- Manage the fundamentals (i.e. realization, utilization, leverage, accounts, receivable, and expenses)
- Be a thought leader
- Mentor, coach and train staff
- Successfully integrate strategy of the firm
- Heighten the McGladrey brand by demonstrating thought leadership and embracing the McGladrey marketing campaign and programs supported by the firm
- Promote cross selling and integrating of service line of business and more
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Ensure the continuous professional development of staff is being met
- Travel as needed in the region
- The successful professional will have a strong sense of leadership
- A self starter
- 'Hands on, action-oriented'
- A professional who leads by example
- Highly respected people leader
- Exceptional executive presence and professionalism which commands the respect of colleagues and subordinates
- High energy
- Results oriented
- Ability to inspire others to follow
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A professional possessing the highest levels of professional and personal honestly, integrity and ethics
Watch this exciting video and learn why McGladrey is the premier leading professional services firm. http://bit.ly/McGladreyConsultingVideo
You have high expectations for yourself and your career. So does McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood.™
Location Street Address: 4725 Piedmont Row Rd., Ste 300
Region: Southeast Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: SEMC8780
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.