Mortgage Loan Officer - Outside Sales | Chicago, IL
Alliant Credit Union, founded in 1935, is an independently operated financial cooperative serving over 140 employee groups with more than 280,000 members and over $8 billion in assets, making it the largest credit union in Illinois, and the sixth largest in the nation, based on assets and deposits.
As a member-owned financial institution, Alliant exists to foster members’ financial well being and to serve their best interests. With Service Centers in the Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, NJ, San Francisco Bay, Tempe AZ and Washington, DC areas, Alliant is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois at 11545 W. Touhy Avenue. As an Illinois-chartered credit union, Alliant is under the supervision of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
Alliant is an equal housing lender and federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which is administered by the National Credit Union Administration, an independent agency of the U.S. Government. Learn more about Alliant online at www.alliantcreditunion.org.
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant:
At Alliant you will experience unique and rewarding opportunities for growth, challenge, innovation and leadership.
- Innovation – We aim to identify, leverage and manage to your strengths–giving you the ability to achieve and exceed your objectives, and grow by doing what you do best
- Rewards – We target our compensation and benefits to be in the top third among financial services competitors. Every employee also participates in an incentive pay plan that rewards employees for attaining organizational and individual goals
- Growth Opportunities – Both formal and self-directed growth and development opportunities are available, including online learning and career development, classroom-style training courses, and growth and development planning with your manager
- Diversity – Our diversity allows us to better serve a broad membership. We seek the best-qualified and talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Illegal discrimination and harassment of any kind is not tolerated in our environment
- High Standards – The Alliant Employee Code of Conduct helps to ensure a high standard of professional excellence in all that we do
- Challenge – Working at Alliant is rewarding and challenging. It offers variety in work and stretches your limits to learn and grow in your career
- Leadership – Employees have the opportunity to work cross-functionally to share information, exchange ideas and do their best work for members
Responsible for the development of new mortgage business from primarily non credit union channels. Work involves moderate difficulty in prospecting borrowers of whom the majority are not currently credit union members. Resources to do the job require reliance on knowledge of credit union products and mortgage guidelines, as well as, knowledge of mortgage lending and a strong referral base. .
- Responsible for the development of new mortgage business developed through referral sources such as realtors and past clients as well as marketing targeted
- A minimum of 80% of the position duties is dedicated to sales and prospecting.
- Develops and continually grows a diverse referral base.
- Identifies and sells Alliant’s mortgage strengths and niches.
- Develops and administers a goal focused business plan.
- Responsible for origination of first mortgages.
- Takes loan application and forwards appropriate mortgage documentation to vendor.
- Maximizes Alliant's profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income and selling of all Credit Union products and services.
- Originates quality applications that meet Alliant’s product guidelines.
- Works with borrower and vendor throughout process to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction.
- Supports the Credit Union's strong relationship culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Minimum 2 years of successful experience as a retail loan officer with a currently active referral base. Strong oral and written communication skills. Sound judgment, PC proficiency and a proven track record of successful production while working with minimal supervision.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.