Softchoice - Answering Your Technology Needs
Sr. Storage Consultant
- Company: Softchoice Corporation
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Computer Software
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: Consultant
- Req'd Education: Not Specified
- Req'd Experience: Not Specified
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to make a difference to our clients each and every day! Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team?
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on...
Follow us: @asoftchoicelife
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or management information systems is desirable.
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Experience working in services delivery and IT consulting.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills with the ability to create written documentation including:
- As-built documentation
- Statements of Work
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Delivery of high quality data storage integration services to clients’ IT environments.
- Installation and configuration of data storage technologies based on best practices.
- Ability to review customers’ existing configurations and day- to-day operations procedures and make recommendations to improve system performance and operational efficiency including automation, where possible.
- Additional related capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing system health checks
- Capacity planning, management and analysis
- Performance analysis, tuning and management
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Perform on-site knowledge transfer with clients.
- Onsite system monitoring
- Preventive maintenance and optimization
- Managing Repairs
- Software Installation
- Managing Upgrades
- Assisting in the development of Backup strategy and managing backups
- Change Management and Release Management roles
- Requirements analysis and scope generation based upon the technical details of the customer's environment.
The Sr. Data Storage Systems Consultant will be responsible for understanding client requirements, architecting, deploying, and supporting data storage solutions and services. Presales support will be required as well, including requirements gathering and documentation, and providing input into creating and reviewing statements of work.
The Sr. Data Storage Systems Consultant must possess an in-depth knowledge and relevant industry certifications in the data storage technologies of one or more of the following vendors:
This is a hands-on position where the successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction. The role requires:
- An ability to proactively review work done in order to ensure excellent quality of service.
- Client focus, strong organizational, project management, and problem solving skills, and knowledge of the Softchoice Professional Services organizational structure, processes, and strategies.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge and broad understanding of industry standard IT Service Delivery concepts, and the ability to envision, design, and implement robust data storage solutions.
- An ability to understand each client’s particular business requirements and then articulate the entire breadth of the relevant storage technology feature set to customers at both the business and technical level.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills are also required.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in an internship at Softchoice
M/F/D/V - EOE
Report this job
It’s because of our focus on people and our passion for finding better ways for customers to benefit from technology that Softchoice has become a leading IT solutions provider in North America.
We have opportunities across Canada and the United States in the following areas:
- Inside & Outside Sales
- Solutions Architecture
- Operations & Finance
- Information Technology
- Human Resources & Training
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.