Application Support Analyst
• To provide 2nd level Application Support for a wide range of applications working within a global organisation. The successful candidate will need to be energetic, hardworking and willing to take full ownership of issues that arise; ensuring issues are resolved from start to finish. You will be working on tier 1 application and must be able to think quickly and deal with pressure at all times. SQL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE ARE A MUST!
Globes/ XRTP5, Risk Informer, Swift, Clearvision - All Mkts, iDash, -, URO, Eclipse, 4Sight, TEO AMERICAS, TEO ,PAC, TEO EMEA, Brady, MQ Americas, MQ EMEA, PBS,UltraEdge, Tibco, STB, FERMAT, FSA, Smarts Broker, NCR, UBIX, AGM, PC-GATEWAY, BBVA, CLARECC (Paris), CRYPTOSOFT, DPRS (LME), Fimatrix, Sunsystems, Bank Payment system, HiportFolio, Octostp, Camellia, Subversion, Smartview, Margin Call, OMS Sydney, DropCopy, MT950 Process;
And any other in house applications as required!
• Troubleshooting/Resolving Application issues
• Following escalation processes and problem managing issues at all times
• Create and keep current documentation up to date on all applications supported.
• Working with internal clients on improving processes and making applications reliable.
• End to end management of specific projects
• Transfer of knowledge to the rest of the team at all times to ensure follow the sun support
• Liaising with other branches in EMEA/NA/APAC
• Some out of hours telephone support may be necessary
• Other duties or projects, as assigned
• Dealing with exchanges/vendors on a regular basis
• Upgrading applications.
• Organise, Validate and approve UAT
• Validate all deployments using validation standards
• Ensuring the highest level of service for the above tasks at all times and following escalation process in place.
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
DESK HEAD DUTIES:
BOARD / COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
• Solid knowledge of SQL a MUST
• Operating Systems - Windows/Linux skills
• Scripting languages – Shell ,Perl, XML, Net, SQL, PL SQL
• Web Tools – IIS, Tomcat, Apache
• Networking – TCP/IP, Http, AS2, MQ, FTPS, SFTP, SOAP
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Thorough and organised, ability to make decisions
• Experience in handling from start to finish projects independently
• Knowledge of clearing systems/market technology
• Ability to work under pressure and think quick
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within an application support role
• Familiarity with “Follow the Sun” methodology in a global environment
• Experience of working in the financial markets
• Experience working with a high pressure environment
• Solid support experience
• Ability to work in a team setting/environment
Reports to: NA Application Support Manager
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
Working within a global team, Low individual authority.