| See all jobs at this company
||Printer-Friendly Version | Save this job | Email this job
|Parker & Lynch
|Phoenix, AZ 85016
|Other Great Industries
Parker + Lynch is about alignment. On the surface, we align superior finance and accounting talent with opportunities at world-class organizations. But we recognize that a successful executive search does not simply match client with candidate. We take it further, aligning experience with expectations; personality with environment; aspiration with reality.
And the relationships that we form do not end once the placement is made.
We stay in close contact with our clients to get their feedback on our services and the performance of our candidates.
And we follow up regularly with the professionals we place to make sure the position continues to align with their expectations and career goals.
Learn More about Parker & Lynch
Visit Our Website
|Senior Internal Auditor Job in Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Internal Auditor Job in Phoenix, Arizona
- Assist with developing an understanding of key processes, related accounting systems, and accounting for transactions: (1) to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of controls in mitigating risks, (2) to identify control deficiencies, and (3) to propose recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with process owners to document critical business processes and identify key financial reporting controls
- Utilize knowledge and judgment to assist with the completion and documentation of walkthrough procedures including the assessment of the precision of internal controls. Ensures the documentation of the walkthroughs are concise and detailed such that conclusions provide an adequate basis for reporting results to management and external auditors.
- Utilize knowledge and judgment to assist with designing test plans and sampling methodologies that are cost-effective in maximizing risk coverage and effective in detecting issues/exceptions. (Business Unit Operational Audits and other specialized audit programs).
- Complete testing and ensures the workpapers include adequate documentation to evidence completion of the test and that such workpapers form an adequate basis for reporting the results of that test to management and the external auditors.
- Identify, analyze, and conclude on key issues/exceptions (i.e. document findings/observations and propose recommendations).
- Ensure findings or unmitigated risks and/or control deficiencies are adequately communicated (written and verbal) to process owners and management.
- Work with control owners to ensure remediation plans are appropriate, implemented timely, and yield desired results.
- Suggests alternative methods and procedures in solving problems. Cooperates with management in formulating and establishing Company policies and operating procedures.
- Conduct special audits or projects and ad-hoc research/investigation/analysis in a timely, methodical and succinct manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with management to ensure appropriate communications and timely oversight.
- Other Job Functions Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules Exercise judgment and utilize analytical skill in completion of assigned tasks.
- Distinguish between SOX and Operational processes and controls Understand the root cause(s) rather than symptoms of findings.
- Evaluate the context of the findings, including the implications and mitigating factors.
- Identify risks and gaps in processes and recommend and present solutions to mitigate risks and address gaps
- Make recommendations that are compelling, relevant, in sufficient depth, and practical to implement (e.g. cost vs. benefit).
- Strong work ethic and commitment to achievement of team goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate exemplary attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal calmly and professionally in high stress situations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree 4+ years of experience in auditing and / combination of accounting and auditing including SOX experience.
- DCAA /DCMA experience preferred. Active CPA certification (preferred)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Strong competencies with Accounting and Auditing Big 4 experience preferred.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.