Sears Holdings Management Corporation
Production Service Manager
Save This Job
Save this job
Email This Job
Email this job
Print This Job
Production Service Manager
The Production Service Manager is an experienced IT professional with strong communication and leadership skills required to manage an operational support team for the Sears Holdings Corporation.
The Production Service Manager (PSM) manages day-to-day production support; ensures problems that impact production are addressed in a timely manner in order to reduce client impact. The PSM is responsible for the stability and availability of all Production IT environments on his watch. They manage and coordinate the support and restoration efforts for events severely impacting the access or availability of one or more production environments or corporate deliverables. They provide proactive monitoring and direct management of support efforts for all key enterprise platforms, which includes:
• Mainframes and various Distributed platforms (UNIX, Windows, etc...)
• Production batch processing on all platforms (applications)
• Corporate service deliverables
• Network connectivity (Stores, corporate, DCs, etc…)
• Online applications
The Production Service Manager position requires interfacing with many IT functional areas and their leadership in order to maintain the availability, performance, and integrity of our production environments. This role requires a person with strong customer service skills, communication skills, as well as extensive knowledge and background in IT and operational support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information systems or related work experience equivalent. Work experience should include a number of years managing an IT service support team with specific emphasis on Incident or Problem Management
• Proven customer support experience in a global IT service support environment with a particular emphasis on the use of Change & Problem management processes and related disciplines.
• A working knowledge of one or more of the following IT technologies;
•Distributed platforms (all types)
•Network communications (terrestrial and satellite)
•SAN storage platforms
•Database systems / Data Warehouse
• Strong knowledge of ITIL Foundations and Format - Certification desired
• Knowledgeable and skilled in managing complex operations and production operations.
• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Analytical ability to gather and interpret information in order to develop and recommend a viable solution.
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Adoption Assistance
- Kmart Advantage Rx
- ConSern Loans for Education
- Worklife Solutions
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
- National Holidays
About Sears Holdings Management Corporation
Sears Holdings Management Corporation provides corporate services to Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) and its family of companies, including Sears Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.