Provides support services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff in accordance with state regulations, assists the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort according to the patient’s plan of care.
1. Meets federal/state requirements for this position.
2. Home Health Aide (HHA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 484.36 Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the agency.
3. Upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.36(a)
4. Minimum of two (2) years full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting.
5. Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
6. Able to work as a team member.
7. Current CPR certification
8. High school graduate or equivalent.
9. Current state certification as a nurse assistant preferred.
10. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
-Alaska State Specific:
If the agency provides home health aide services, those services must be provided (1) by a nurse aide with a current certification under AS 08.68.331; (2) in accordance with the plan of care; and (3) in accordance with written instructions.
-California State Specific:
Must be California Certified Home Health Aid by California Department of Health, Licensing and Certification Program; Aid Technician Certification Section
-Georgia State Specific:
GA 290-9-43-.18(3) (a) Personal care aides considered qualified by training and experience include:
1. Georgia Certified Nursing Aides with current certification as such; or
2. Individuals who have completed and can provide validation or documentation of completion of a home health aide training and competency evaluation
program conducted in a Medicare-certified home health agency; or Individuals
who have successfully completed a personal care aide-training program,
provided by the hospice under the direction of a registered nurse.
-Kansas State Specific:
Must be Kansas Certified Home Health Aid by Kansas Department of Health and Environment – 90 day Grace period if they have applied for certification and are in a HHA Training program.
-Maine State Specific:
Home Health Aide: means a certified nursing assistant who meets both requirements of Maine Regulations Governing the Licensing and Functioning of Home Health Care Services and the Code of Federal Regulations 42 CFR, Part 484
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): means a person whose duties are assigned by a registered professional nurse and who:
• Has successfully completed a training program or course with a curriculum prescribed by the Maine State Board of Nursing, holds a certificate of training from that program or course and is listed on the Maine Registry of Certified Nursing Assistants, or
• Was certified before September 29, 1987 and is listed on the Maine Registry of Certified Nursing Assistants.
-North Carolina State Specific:
'Hospice Caregiver' means an individual on the hospice staff who has completed hospice caregiver training as defined in 10A NCAC 13K .0402 and is assigned to a hospice residential facility or unit.
-New Hampshire State Specific:
326-B:21 Licensed Nursing Assistant; Licensure by Endorsement.
– An applicant for licensure by endorsement as a licensed nursing assistant who is currently licensed or certified in any other state or jurisdiction shall:
I. Provide proof of current and original licensing, certification, or nursing assistant registry status;
II. Have committed no acts or omissions which are grounds for disciplinary action as set forth in this chapter, or, if such acts have been committed and would be grounds for disciplinary action, the board has found, after investigation, that sufficient restitution has been made; and
III. Meet other criteria as established by the board.
Source. 2005, 293:1, eff. July 1, 2005 at 12:01 a.m.
326-B:26 Licensed Nursing Assistant Registry.
– The board shall maintain a registry of nursing assistants licensed who qualify pursuant to 42 C.F.R. section 483.156. Nursing assistants who are registered or licensed shall comply with all provisions of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) of 1987, sections 1819 and 1919 of the Social Security Act, and all provisions of this chapter.
-Washington State Specific:
Home health aide means an individual registered or certified as a nursing assistant under chapter 18.88A RCW.
-Washington (D.C.) Specific:
Health aide – a Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide, qualified and authorized to perform home health aide services or personal care services in accordance with Title 29 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations, Chapters 50 and 51
3200. NURSE AIDE CERTIFICATION
3200.1 Effective October 1, 1990, no nursing facility in the District of Columbia that participates in the D.C. Medicaid Program or in Medicare shall use any individual working in the facility as a nurse aide for more than four (4) months, on a full-time, temporary, per diem, or other basis, unless that individual is competent to provide nursing and nursing related services, and has completed the District's approved training and competency evaluation program, or the District's approved competency evaluation program.
3200.2 An individual employed as a nurse aide in a nursing facility prior to the effective date of this rule shall qualify as a credentialed nurse aide if he or she has successfully completed the District's competency evaluation program only.
-Wyoming State Specific:
Must be certified by Wyoming State Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant or Nurse Aide.
OTHER STATE SPECIFICS
Virginia Hospice Salary Scale is maintained at Amedisys Inc., Human Resources Department.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided our growth into one of the nation’s leading home health and hospice care organizations. With Amedisys, you’ll be part of a culture focused on delivering the care that’s best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation, care empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life.
The health care industry is changing; at Amedisys we’re developing a new model of care that not only reduces preventable hospital readmissions and saves money, but provides convenience, compassion and customized service for every patient. We believe we can do that by focusing on quality care, improving technology and efficiency, and hiring employees who care not just with their hands and head, but also with their heart.
Our people are our business; Amedisys invests in you throughout your career with industry-leading educational benefits, including free clinical continuing education and tuition assistance. And our career ladders program lets you map out your professional development and advancement opportunities, helping you build a career, not just a job.
• 401 (K) plan with employer-matching contribution available for all employees
• Health, dental, vision insurance
• Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program
• Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan available to full and part-time employees
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition reimbursement program
*Amedisys Home Health Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Learn More about Amedisys Home Health & Hospice Care
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.