Rexnord Industries, LLC (http://www.rexnord.com/
) is a nearly $2b multi-industry manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered mechanical power transmission components and water management products. The Power Transmission Group operates under the “Rexnord” name, and the Water Management Group operates primarily under the “Zurn” name (http://www.zurn.com/
). The Rexnord culture, centered on the Rexnord Business System – “RBS” (the company’s operating management system based on the Toyota Production System and the Strategy Deployment Process - advanced Hoshin Planning methodology), welcomes professionals who can lead and produce results, who are motivated by stretch objectives, and who will embrace a business environment which is driven to continuously improve. Rexnord is primarily owned by Apollo Management, one of the world’s premier private equity firms Business Unit
The Rexnord Innovation Center is the research and development group for Rexnord Industries, LLC. Located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin this dedicated facility is staffed with a variety of engineers, scientists, and technicians who provide testing, development support and applied research for the Industrial Bearings, Couplings, Gears, Modular Conveyor Belting, Industrial Chain and Conveyor Systems, Aerospace, and Water Management business units.
In addition to internal R&D, the Innovation Center provides engineering services to outside clients through RTS® (Rexnord Technical Services). This accredited laboratory provides a full range of mechanical, material, and engineering services, including: Servo-hydraulic Fatigue Testing, Component Testing, Metallurgy & Material Analysis, Failure Analysis, Environmental Testing, Field Load Measurement, Mechanical Shock & Vibration Testing, and Bearing Testing & Analysis.
The group serves a variety of markets including: mining, aggregate/cement, wood/paper, food & grain, chemicals, energy, off-road vehicles, and aerospace and defense. Brief Description
The Rexnord Innovation Center is looking for a Polymer Chemist to join their materials analysis staff in support of product testing and development. In this position, the individual will lead the analysis of polymers and organic compounds used throughout the Rexnord products lines – including industrial (chains, bearings, electric brakes), aerospace (bearings and seals), and water management (water delivery and waste water management). Key Accountabilities
• Develop solutions to problems through understanding of chemistry and analysis of polymers and organic compounds.
• Communicate clearly with both customers (internal and external) and with Innovation Center colleagues.
• Have an understanding of polymer and organic compound chemistry and how other materials interact with these materials (e.g. how a particular cleaning solution may affect the polymer material).
• Support the Applied Research and Value Analysis Value Engineering (VAVE) teams in effort to develop solutions to challenges presented by customers.
• Manage the chemistry lab to insure safe operation of equipment through budget, calibration, preventative maintenance, and inventory management.