Senior Transmission Line Engineer
The Environmental & Infrastructure Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Transmission Line Engineer/Project Engineer for immediate employment in the Chicago, Illinois office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in project technical execution and management of project teams in the design of high voltage transmission lines. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including the design of major transmission line upgrade and expansion projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage multiple design teams simultaneously for the successful completion of assigned projects
• Prepare Proposals for various types of transmission line projects
• Develop cost estimates and scheduled for assigned projects
• Communicate with client on all aspects of a project; respond in a timely and appropriate manner
• Manage all sub-consultants utilized for the execution of projects
• Interface with URS Project Management software
• Manage projects scope, schedule and budget and interface with clients regarding changes in scope, schedule and budget
• Verify timely invoicing and collection of payments form clients
• Perform client business development activities
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
• BS Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or other appropriate discipline
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer or ability to become licensed within one (1) year of hire
• Minimum 7 years of engineering/project experience in the design of overhead transmission lines ranging from 34.5kV to 500kV
• Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience
• PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Must have extensive knowledge of the use of PLS CADD, PLS Pole, PLS Tower, and Linar survey data for the design of transmission lines
• Must have knowledge of the appropriate codes and standards which govern the design of high voltage transmission line work
• Diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the design of high voltage transmission lines
• Experience in managing and providing technical guidance and assistance to an assigned project team
• Able to perform client business development activities and develop strong relationships with existing clients resulting in additional business opportunities
• Proven leadership and ability to work with and interface effectively with management assigned staff
• Experienced in the use or project scheduling software such as MS Project and Primavera P6
• Willing to travel to URS and client offices/sites
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our work is focused in four key market sectors: federal, infrastructure, power, and industrial and commercial. Within each of these markets, our comprehensive skills and expertise are a valued resource to clients around the world.
The broad range of markets we serve and the wide spectrum of services we provide offer career opportunities that are virtually unmatched in the industry. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting out, at URS, you can work on some of the largest and most challenging projects in the world.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of talented professionals—many of whom are at the top of their fields—on projects that impact our world for the better. We are a company where people of every background thrive and contribute, and we are committed to fostering an intellectually stimulating environment that leads to exceptional professional development and career advancement.
At URS, there are no barriers to where your talent can lead you. We invite you to join us and do the best work of your life.