Assists Management team in overseeing floor coverage, driving sales, merchandise presentation, customer service, and operational functions within the store including opening and closing the store according to H&M guidelines
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
• Maintains the high quality H&M customer service by providing the best shopping experience for each customer and role modeling the 5 basic demands.
• Ensures that all merchandise is properly received and placed on the floor in a timely manner and according to merchandise guidelines.
• Executes merchandising campaigns, promotions, activities and customer rounds as assigned by store management.
• Addresses any loss prevention and safety issues that may occur while on duty and brings any escalated concerns to management team.
• Ability to suspend employee based on discretion and approval from Store Manager or District Manager if only manager on duty
• Serves as second interviewer and note taker for staff interviews
• Acts as a management witness, on behalf of H&M, in employee discussions as needed
• Performs all store routines, including the opening and closing of the store, follows all Company practices and procedures, works with timekeeping and scheduling system and controls and completes reductions
• Maximizes sales through commerciality focus and takes action to obtain highest level of profitability for the store.
• Actively uses sales information to make business decisions regarding merchandising.
• Approves timesheets on a daily basis in the timekeeping system
• May be assigned overall store responsibility in absence of Store Manager or Department Manager when opening or closing store
• Assists the management team in the day-to-day supervision of staff by directing and overseeing work flow within the store.
• Assists the management team with the training and developing of sales advisors on the operational side of the business by following up on clear goals and providing timely feedback.
• Ensures that all employee issues are immediately brought to the attention of management team.
Financial Accountability: None
• High School Degree or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of retail customer service experience
• Prior supervisory experience is a plus
• Open availability based on business need
• Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc) for a short distance
• Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to provide feedback in a constructive and professional way
• Ability to be proactive to drive sales
• Ability to prioritize task execution based on business need
• Strong merchandising skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Basic computer skills such as data entry are needed
• Ability and willingness to run a cash register
• Ability to provide constructive, straightforward feedback and coach staff
Job Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly (Part-Time or Full-Time)