O'Brien & Gere is an employee-owned engineering and project delivery company with 800 scientists, engineers, construction, and operation personnel located in 26 offices across the U.S. O'Brien & Gere is a leader in providing energy and facilities solutions for the industrial and higher education markets. We currently have an opening for a regular full-time position in Syracuse, NY for a Project Manager. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage client relations and support business development activities focused primarily on the industrial, higher education and energy markets.
- Overall management of production work, including coordination and leadership of multi-disciplined A/E teams and working with technical staff to develop solutions to address Customer's needs
- Develop clear, concise, scopes of work, project team assignments, budgets, and schedules for execution of projects
- Track project status via earned value assessments and proactively identify change management opportunities.
- Lead efforts related to project procurement
- Support construction estimating, project subcontracting, and execution of construction & commissioning activities
- 10-15+ years in engineering and/or construction projects with a strong background in industrial facilities design/construction, energy infrastructure\central utilities (for example, boilers and chillers) and manufacturing process systems
- BS in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or sciences
- Familiarity with multiple project delivery methodologies (Design/Build, Design-Bid-Build)
- Demonstrated ability to sell and obtain new business and cultivate existing client base for repeat business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Some travel required
O'Brien & Gere is an employee-owned engineering and project delivery company with over 850 scientists, engineers, construction, and operations personnel located in offices across the U.S.
The Company is a leader in providing energy, environmental, water, and facilities solutions. O'Brien & Gere’s integrated 360° life-cycle delivery model reduces project cycle time and creates value for its public and private sector clients.