Regional Operations Manager
Why choose American Tower?
It’s where you want to be. Today’s American Tower is a dynamic, performance-driven organization full of new opportunities and the highest standards of excellence. Our culture is based on integrity, accountability, hard work, collaboration and social responsibility. We offer careers in a variety of fields where talented people can develop and grow professionally.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless communications sites. We provide the infrastructure that allows your cellular phones and other mobile devices to work, anytime and anywhere. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, we have offices throughout the United States and in nine other countries in Latin America, Asia and Africa.
No matter where you join us, you'll find a diverse team of global employees focused on our shared success. You will also receive a generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as learning and development opportunities.
American Tower – where you want to be.
The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for all operational activities on tower sites in a specific area as well as managing Territory Supervisors in the field. This responsibility for operational activities includes Regulatory Compliance, maintenance, safety, structural integrity, landscape maintenance, facility maintenance, collocation activity, customer interface, and emergency response. The incumbent is responsible for managing budgets, project timelines, goals and resources. The Regional Operations manager is also responsible for ensuring that American Tower’s obligations are met when performing third-party services. The incumbent plays a catalyst role in building a strong, motivated, service-oriented team by working to document processes, assisting with monitoring and establishing relevant performance metrics, and establishing training requirements. This position interacts with all local and regional departments as well as with sales teams to assist in developing new tools, processes, and planning/scheduling workload execution. The Regional Operations Manager role requires a solid leader with well developed listening skills and is ultimately accountable to our customers for the results delivered.
OTHER: SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fosters a team environment and a culture of excellence. Conducts ongoing coaching and career development with direct reports (e.g., bi-weekly/monthly one-on-one coaching, quarterly reviews, goal-setting, etc.). Promotes Company rewards and recognition programs.
- Promotes fiscal responsibility by actively managing operational and capital expenses, negotiates and recommends maintenance contracts.
- Ensures compliance with and adherence to all American Tower policies and procedures.
- Acts as field safety liaison to ensure compliance with all American Tower/OSHA requirements.
- Leads field-related Disaster Recovery efforts and works with regional teams and other support teams to restore network services.
- Links the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its technical strategy
- Manage field activities (prioritizes workloads, does resource planning, oversees daily/weekly activities, etc.) to achieve Network Management standards, compliance and network reliability metrics Service Level Agreement (SLA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), alarm recovery, system availability, etc.
- Manage outsourced activities and provides appropriate documentation and reporting of outsourcing activity to higher-level management.
- Audit and maintain integrity of operations-centric data in all engineering systems, including proper closure of tickets/tasks and updates.
- Manage overall territory that will contain multiple projects and scopes of work.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of master license agreements (“MLAs”) and service contracts related to active projects.
- Approve budgets and schedules for all construction related activities on projects.
- Provide responses to customer inquiries on more complex matters.
- Review and approve project expense requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Provide regular reporting to management that details project performance, staffing and new business opportunities.
- Develop and grow relationships with wireless customers in partnership with Sales team.
- Evaluates and recommends tools and test gear.
- Ensure compliance with American Tower safety and regulatory requirements for all American personnel and 3rd party vendors.
- Supervise and manage performance of Territory Supervisors or other support roles
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated expertise in managing wireless site construction through prior experience in network deployment projects, or construction management responsibilities
- Expert knowledge of tower development regulations and industry practices
- Established relationships with wireless carriers and site development professionals
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills
- Formal project management training and skills
- Self-starter with strong desire to work on projects that drive significant business impact
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to lead and supervise personnel located in various locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create forms, letters and fundamental spreadsheets using MS Word and Excel
- Safe driving record and own transportation
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to walk over undeveloped land unassisted
- Must be able to travel unassisted
- Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- College degree in business, planning, engineering, construction management or equivalent work experience in the wireless site development industry.
- Minimum seven (7) years of work experience in the wireless industry and carrier deployment
- Five (5) to ten (10) years experience managing direct reports required
Enviroment Approximately 60% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 40% travel throughout project territory will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and finger to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds. American Tower Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower (NYSE: AMT) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless and broadcast communication sites. Our global portfolio includes approximately 50,000 owned or managed sites and is experiencing steady growth. In addition to leasing space on towers, we provide customized collocation solutions through our Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) that support seamless in-building and outdoor wireless coverage.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, American Tower has local offices across the United States and in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, India, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Uganda and the United Kingdom.