The Art Institutes, with more than 45 locations in North America, is an important source of design, media arts, fashion, and culinary arts professionals.
The Art Institutes offer culinary arts curricula at more than 30 of The Art Institutes locations. The Art Institutes offers a broad range of programs and graduates are employed by companies and organizations of all types and size, including some of the most prominent companies in the United States, such as MTV, Time Warner, AT&T, Home Depot/EXPO Center, Lockheed Martin, Nordstrom, Nintendo of America, Walt Disney & Affiliates, Marriott, Yahoo Broadcast Services, Ernst & Young, Microsoft, Ford Motor Company, and the Fox Entertainment Group.
Everything we wear, watch, and listen to was inspired by a creative person with a passion for new ideas. It’s that passion that drives the students and instructors at The Art Institutes. We offer a dynamic, creative work environment for our faculty and staff - a team dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience and to the success of our students. Our faculty has the best tools possible for delivering the rigorous, career-focused, learner-centered education for which The Art Institute is known. Our staff enjoys an open, team-based work environment where performance is rewarded and staff development highly valued. Together, we all demonstrate our commitment to our mission in everything we do!
The Art Institute of Dallas is currently seeking adjunct faculty for our Audio Production Courses
Courses may include:
• Survey of the Music Industry
• Fundamentals of Audio
• Audio Electronics
• Audio Recording
• Music Theory
• Audio Technology I & II
• Digital Audio I & II
• Listening & Analysis
Candidates should be prepared to present copies of transcripts and a portfolio of professional work. Please do not send any of these materials with initial resume or CV.
The adjunct instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. This position is adjunct only. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
• Provides competency-based education which aligns with the EDMC model of curricula as well as supports the EDMC style of system delivery.
• Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and (in the case of online instructors ONLY) delivers the instruction as approved.
• Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
• Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
• Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
• Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
• Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
• Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
Qualified applicant skills may include:
- Masters Degree (ex: Audio Production, Audio Engineering, Music Theory) in related field is required, as is 3-5 years experience in Audio or related fields. Industry experience also required.
- Significant professional experience with audio production software and hardware.
- Experience with one or more of the following skills: recording sound design; audio fundamentals; acoustics; mixing, and post-production; music theory.
- Software proficiency should include one or more of the following: ProTools LE & HD systems; Reason; Logic; Final Cut Pro, audio plug-ins, etc.
• Studio & Location recording technologies and processes
• Engineering & Electronics
• Sound Design, ADR, Foley
• Live sound acquisition
• Music Theory
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
• Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
• Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills )
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
• Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
• Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
• Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.