Audit Senior - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future. We are currently interviewing Audit Seniors
to join our Construction and Real Estate
Practice in our Milwaukee office. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the experiences and resources of over 250 professionals dedicated to providing services to more than 2,400 Construction and Real Estate clients firm wide. In this role, you will be a part of a team recognized for providing knowledge-based insights throughout the audit. You will be involved with planning meetings and serve as the clients’ Valued Business Advisor assisting with special projects such as internal controls, and other related consulting engagements. You will attend local and regional industry events with clients and prospects as well as participate in educating clients at the Controller / CFO levels on hot topics in the industry. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in the community through civic or industry organizations. It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
With a staff of more than 1600, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.Responsibilities:
- Run audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing audits and managing to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals process.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelors degree with an accounting major and credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam required.
- Master’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive auditing experience required. In-charge experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
More than 1,600 professionals strong, Baker Tilly is a full-service accounting and advisory firm with specialized professionals who connect with you and your business through refreshing candor and clear industry insight.
Our focus on industry and services specialization means you can expect to work with business advisors who understand your competitive environment and the issues you face.
Exceptional client service is what separates Baker Tilly from the rest. We ask. We listen. We hear you loud and clear. Learning about you, your organization, and your expectations is critical to our relationship because your definition of satisfaction is the only definition that matters. And when it comes to achieving results, our client-centric technical and industry specialists work with you and each other to deliver solutions that address your needs.
Founded in 1931, we are now one of the top 20 largest accounting and advisory firms in the US. Baker Tilly has achieved dynamic growth while maintaining a commitment to our core values.