Telemecanique Sensors, a division of Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a Sensor Channel Manager for North America; This position is accountable for the strategic development and execution of a comprehensive marketing and sales strategy targeted at channel partners utilized to support the Telemecanique Sensor business. This person would have the personal traits of high energy level, enthusiastic, assertive, and growth oriented.
This position will lead a team of resources, working alongside our North American sales and marketing team to develop strategy and programs in order to coordinate the development and implementation of a cohesive sales channel for Telemecanique Sensors. Major duties include the understanding and further development of our sensor channel to market including direct sales, traditional industrial distribution, e-channel, and retail channels. Regularly monitors sales results, and takes corrective action to ensure business plan goals are met. This position reports to the General Manager of the Sensors business. The location for this position is open to the Eastern Seaboard.
Develop strategies and initiatives to ensure achievement of business objectives related to the sale and distribution of Telemecanique Sensor products through a specialized sensor Distribution Channel. Generate profitable growth and increase Sensors market share in this area by proposing tools and methods around Distribution policy and customer platforming. Define, propose and support implementation of Sensor Specialized Distributor program in the US and Canada. Analyse and control the implementation of an effective platforming of Sensors customers through our distribution channel. Drive sales efficiency plans in to improve sales KPIs, in coordination with the Sales, Marketing and General Manager.
Channel marketing and management
● Develop and implement a Distributor program dedicated to Sensor growth with sales and marketing leaders
● Monitor, measure, report and communicate the impact of the program
● Manage key milestones during implementation, provide support as needed by the field
● Develop and support implementation of highly effective channel events and training
• Manages all events identified as part of the strategic program under our responsibility
● Manage coverage optimization and model development
● Manage and assess portfolio to maintain mix of channel partners
● Understand who is using what, why, when and, if effective, for point of sales activity follow-up.
● Assist with the integration of lead management into channel program activity
Customer targeting and platforming
● Analyze market opportunity, performance, activity and trends
● Develop and implement a customer targeting methodology with Sensor sales and marketing leaders
● Ensure that our customer portfolio is platformed in the US and Canada (This is to be reviewed
● Monitor, measure, report and communicate the impact to sales teams and management, provide support as needed
● Develop and utilize a reporting system for our main channel partners on Salesforce.com
• A degree in Engineering or Marketing with an understanding of technical information is preferred
• Experience in industrial sales or marketing with an understanding of distribution channels is a must
• Proven track record of growing sales in a changing environment
• Fluent knowledge of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Mappoint is a plus.
• Self starter and effective communicator who is passionate about his/her position and committed to fostering a “team” approach and successful results
• Travel requirements will be up to 20% to 40% domestically and could include trips to parent operations in France.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.