Healthcare - Health Services
QA - Quality Control
Admin - Clerical
4 Year Degree
3 to 5 years
8:30 -5:00 ; CB / MSTR / IND2131
Contact: Robert Lopez Tel: 213-484-7229 Fax: 213-484-7228 Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Bachelor's Degree - FIRE/SAFETY CARD (must be presented within 30 days from DOH) - 3-5 years of experience COMPLIANCE MANAGER / HIPAA OFFICER POSITION SUMMARY
The Compliance Manager / HIPAA Officer report to the VP / Corporate Responsibility Officer for St. Vincent Medical Center (SVMC) and is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Corporate Responsibility Program. Works closely with the system Director of Compliance and Privacy Officer. Executes all ongoing activities related to implementation and monitoring of corporate responsibility and privacy policies in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensures completion of all compliance and privacy related training. Manages and/or investigates hotline complaints. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive) COMPLIANCE
• Implement the essential elements of the compliance program as defined by the Daughters of Charity Health System (DCHS) and the Office of Inspector General (OIG). Conducts annual risk assessment and develops annual work plan.
• Conduct periodic and ongoing auditing and monitoring activities of business operations to measure and assess compliance, in coordination with other managers.
• Conduct training for compliance and HIPAA to ensure clear understanding of the Corporate Responsibility Program, policies and procedures, and legal requirements.
• Investigate reported concerns and implement corrective action, when required. Oversee the correction of compliance audit findings, assisting in developing and implementing corrective action, when required. HIPAA PRIVACY and INFORMATION SECURITY
• Establish and assure implementation of HIPAA privacy and security policies and procedures by working collaboratively with the CRO, senior management and departments, as necessary.
• Perform initial and periodic information privacy and security risk assessments.
• Ensure use of appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent and authorization forms, information notices, and materials reflecting current organizational legal practices and requirements by working collaboratively with system office, legal counsel, management, key departments and committees.
• Oversee, direct, deliver and ensure delivery of initial and continuing privacy and security training to all associates, volunteers, contractors, business associates and other appropriate third parties.
• Monitor compliance with information security policies and procedures to maintain confidentiality and security of local software applications.
• Serve as the privacy liaison for users of clinical and administrative systems.
• Review all system-related information security plans for local software applications to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices.
• Act as a liaison to Information Technology (IT), as requested REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Advance Degree is preferred. Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC) Certification from HCCA is preferred. Must present an L.A. City Fire/Safety Training Card within 30 days from the date of hire. Minimum three years of experience in some aspect of healthcare compliance. Strong computer literacy to include Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; solid command of grammar, syntax, and vocabulary. Excellence in writing and editing. Proven ability to work independently. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities and projects. Demonstrated solid interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff. Requires sensitivity, judgment, and patience in frequent communication with a diverse population consisting of employees, Medical Staff, patients, regulatory agencies, and the public. M/F/D/V EEO ***PRINCIPALS ONLY. NO SEARCH FIRMS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.*** *AHA13*