Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for the assessment and treatment of speech, language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders.
- Communicate directly with the physician and help determine the plan of care for the patient
- Gain quality experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team and personal patient interaction
- Spend more time working with patients and making a significant difference in their lives
- Master’s degree with a major in speech pathology or audiology.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice speech pathology specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence (in speech pathology or audiology) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Meets the educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification.
- One (1) year of experience in speech pathology preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys is a leading home health and hospice care company focused on bringing home the continuum of care. We deliver personalized home health and hospice care to thousands of patients and their families, in the comfort of their own homes.
We focus on delivering the care that’s best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation or injury, care focused on empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life.
Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own – that is the philosophy Amedisys was built on. This simple concept, coupled with our core beliefs, has guided Amedisys’ growth in becoming one of the nation’s leading health care companies focused on bringing home the continuum of care.
Amedisys embodies the heart, mind and soul of health care, including the way we contribute to society at large and the communities we serve. As an organization whose business it is to take care of people, we believe strongly in the power of community service and contributing to medical science to provide better care of our aging population for generations to come.
Not ready to apply?