Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Opening for a Critical Care mid-level in the ICU at St. Francis Cabrini Hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana. The ICU is staffed by a fantastic team of intensive care physicians and mid-level providers who work together to provide critical care medicine. The working model we use has one physician and one mid-level teamed together for each 12 hr shift. Some highlights of the job are as follows:
- Seven days on and seven days off
- The opportunity to learn and perform numerous procedures including: Central line insertions, arterial line insertions, lumbar punctures and intubations.
- Be directly involved in practicing critical care medicine
- Fantastic learning opportunity with intensive care physicians willing to teach the practice of critical care medicine
- Accrual of paid time off that accumulates to 2 weeks off per year
- 3 days of paid CME leave and $1,500 CME reimbursement
- Malpractice insurance paid for by the intensivist group
Provides diagnosis and treatment services for patients at the direction of the supervising Physician and within the scope of practice defined by state law.
1. Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient records.
2. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
3. Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Formulates a working diagnosis.
4. Consults with other patient caregivers to coordinate patient care.
5. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
6. Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
7. Administers injections, immunizations and oral medications. Sutures wounds. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
8. Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
9. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
10. Assists physicians by recording patient progress notes, issues diagnostic orders, and transcribes orders.
11. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
12. Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
13. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
14. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
15. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
16. Follows the CHRISTUS Provider Network guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
17. Maintains strict confidentiality.
18. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
19. Maintains established CHRISTUS Provider Network policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
20. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Provider Network’s cultural diversity objectives.
21. Supports and adheres to CPN Service Guarantee.
22. Performs other related work as required.
Whether your skills lie in patient care or administration and you prefer to work in not-for-profit health care, CHRISTUS Health facilities may have a career opportunity for you. CHRISTUS Health and our facilities are committed to being an equal opportunity employer as part of our on-going mission. It is the policy of CHRISTUS Health not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age or national origin.
CHRISTUS Health is committed to providing meaningful benefits for you and your family and to sharing with you the prosperity you help create. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Medical Health Coverage
Prescription Drug Plan
Group Term Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by the state Board of Medical Examiners; Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant training program, with a B.S. degree; Certified by an accredited certification agency; Current CPR Certification.
Requisition Number: 4764860