As a fully competent Engineer, provides technical direction required for production and completion of projects in field of expertise by consulting with other technical staff on both routine and the most unique and complex projects. Assists in technical training and makes informed decisions based upon state of the art technology issues. Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for a major phase of a large project, or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of limited scope. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements. May function as an Assistant Project Manager. Supervision of less experienced engineers or technical support personnel is exercised on an assignment basis, but is not an on-going substantial component at this level.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Assists in establishing and updating current policies/procedures for all technical projects in field of expertise to ensure proper interpretation and implementation by subordinate staff.
Provides technical direction/training to all less experienced professional staff to enhance individual capabilities for advancement and promotion along career paths.
Performs other office, laboratory, and/or field consulting assignments as necessary to accomplish work for client.
Participates in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on projects.
In accordance with company procedures, approves or prepares reports for relatively complex projects, making appropriate recommendations as necessary on both small or large projects.
Acts as senior consultant on projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervises the analyses and formulation of recommendations in written report format to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- The incumbent must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of design engineering and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgement in the evaluation, selction, and substantial adaptation and modificationof standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and iin writing
- Ability to prepare reports using Microsoft Office
- Ph.D degree in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical) with at least 5 years of demonstrated consulting experience in field of expertise, or
- MS degree in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical) with at least 8 years of demonstrated consulting experience in field of expertise, or
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical)with at least 10 years experience in field of expertise
- Ability to perform slope stability on retaining wall analysis
- Ability to perform bridge foundation analysis for Transportation projects