IT Audit Manager - (IT SOX, Payment Card Industry - PCI) - (6931) Job
IT Audit Manager - (IT SOX, Payment Card Industry - PCI) - (6931)
Firm Services: Risk Consulting - IT Audit
Type: Regular Full-Time
More information about this opportunity:
Crowe Horwath LLP is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities, while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With offices coast to coast and 3,000 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
Crowe Horwath’s Risk Consulting business unit (BU), with over 300 consulting professionals nationwide, offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to large domestic and international public and private equity companies. We help companies assess, mitigate and control enterprise risk and improve financial and operational performance by leveraging our Corporate Governance Framework and providing value and thought leadership in the areas of Internal Audit, Sarbanes-Oxley and Compliance consulting, IT Audit, Security and Privacy and Attest services. Risk consulting serves a variety of industries including manufacturing and distribution, diversified financial institutions and banks, energy, business services, technology and healthcare.
The IT Audit Manager will be responsible for planning, supervising staff, and executing IT Audit, IT SOX, SOC, Payment Card Industry (PCI), IT Financial Audit Support and IT Risk Consulting engagements as well as support demand creation and business development efforts.
- The IT Audit Manager will manage projects to ensure high quality delivery within the project budget.
- Managers are to be hands on in the delivery and execution of project tasks for complex technology environments.
- Managers are expected to have the ability to present and communicate status and issues to client senior management personnel. The IT Audit Manager will set performance expectations for senior and staff level personnel and provide performance feedback.
- Participating/leading strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product offerings and services.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and identify new opportunities for business.
- Defining performance expectations for senior and staff level IT auditors and providing performance feedback.
Typical IT Audit Manager responsibilities on a client engagement include:
- Managing and leading IT Risk Audit/Consulting engagements.
- Overseeing the engagement economics of the project that includes budget status tracking, billing, and collection analysis.
- Preparing and reviewing workpapers.
- Preparing final versions of audit reports.
- Providing technical guidance to Crowe staff and client organization personnel with respect to information systems, technology architecture, and security.
- Communicating issues and status to Crowe executives and client senior management.
- Consulting with clients to understand and address their needs.
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information.
- Systems Major is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the areas of IT audit, corporate IT Audit, SAS 70/SOC, PCI, IT Financial Audit Support or IT Risk consulting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate should have solid experience in planning engagements, managing IT audit projects, supervising personnel and developing audit work programs.
- Work experience of at least several years with a top tier consulting firm or a Big Four accounting firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of midrange or mainframe architecture (IBM iSeries or IBM OS/390).
- Auditing network operating systems (Novell NetWare or Windows Active Directory).
- Evaluating application controls for Oracle Financials, SAP, Lawson, Hyperion or PeopleSoft Financials.
- Practical application of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) including scoping, network segmentation, and evaluation of compensating controls.
- Knowledge of networking equipment such as firewalls and routers.
- Knowledge of security technologies and utilities including encryption, anti-virus, intrusion prevention, file-integrity monitoring, and logging.
- Audit planning, execution, and project management.
- Drafting reports and executive summaries on IT control issues for senior management personnel.
- Performing technical IT audits or audits of IT controls that support financial or business operations.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Travel expectations: 0 to 60%.
This position may require national or international travel.
Additional Skills Desired:
- CPA or MBA is a plus.
- Manager level experience with a Big Four accounting firm, top tier consulting is preferred but not required.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and/or,
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and/or
- Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (PCI-QSA), and/or,
- Payment Card Industry Internal Security Assessor (PCI-ISA).
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
|Company: ||Crowe Horwath LLP
|Base Pay: ||N/A
|Other Pay: ||
|Employee Type: ||Full-Time
|Industry: ||Accounting - Finance
|Manages Others: ||Not Specified
|Job Type: ||Finance
|Required Education: ||4 Year Degree
|Required Experience: ||Not Specified
|Required Travel: ||Not Specified
|Relocation Covered: ||Not Specified
|Reference ID: ||6931
|Location: ||Chicago, IL