Staff Accountant Job in Austin,TX
Parker+Lynch is looking for a highly motivated Staff Accountant to fill a great opportunity with a top rated company in Austin, TX.
The Staff Accountant will apply accounting principles to perform account reconciliations, analyze financial information, perform month-end close, and prepare financial reports. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Run queries to evaluate the activity in assigned general ledger accounts.
- Research reconciling items and evaluate whether additional entries are needed.
- Recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and procedures.
- Interpret the meaning of accounting records, reports, and statements.
- Assist in loading and reconciling subsidiary ledger data.
- Prepare and reconcile assigned monthly reports.
- Document policies and procedures as necessary.
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion.
- Education: BS in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of Accounting and General Ledger experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) Preferred or available to sit for exams.
- Excellent grasp of GAAP.
- Familiarity with accounting processes and computer based accounting systems.
- Experience in SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) control execution/documentation.
- Process oriented with strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a high volume, progressive environment
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc)
- Large financial software would be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
If you meet the requirements please Apply and Submit your resume in Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]