CapTech was formed as the result of a friendship between the company's founders—Sandy Williamson and Slaughter Fitz-Hugh—that began while both were employed at Andersen Consulting in Washington, D.C. Eventually, each would leave the company to pursue other opportunities, but they stayed in touch. In March of 1997, the two found themselves back in their shared hometown—Richmond, Virginia—and this close proximity led to the creation of CapTech Ventures, Inc., an exceptional business partnership.
The company has been successful from the very beginning, growing from $380,000 in revenue the first year to millions today. Always a privately held company, CapTech has thrived without the support of outside investors funding. Through partnership with clients and by providing exceptional service, CapTech has continued to grow and build on its successes. Now a full-service information technology consultancy and the largest private IT-focused comp any headquartered in the region, CapTech performs services for a diverse and growing client base.
Founded in 1997, CapTech Ventures is a private midsized consulting firm that designs and builds information systems. The driving force behind our success is the close relationships that we develop with our clients, getting to know their businesses and the vision that guides them. In 2004, we received the Impact Award of the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce for its achievements in growth, economic impact and community support. Our newest honor was winning the Customer Engagement 2012 AMCF Consulting Project of the Year. Over the years, we have been recognized by Ernst and Young, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Greater Richmond Partnership, United Way, RichTech and numerous other organizations for our steady growth and positive impact on the communities it serves. We are expanding our client base both geographically and across industry lines and are recruiting, retaining and nourishing a highly skilled workforce.
At CapTech, we strive to balance intense, mission-critical consulting with fun and camaraderie. In addition to regular corporate functions and events, we support softball, baseball, biking and running teams. Managers also organize smaller outings for their functional teams such as Segway tours, a deep sea fishing trip and cooking classes. We also have a long history of supporting philanthropic and economic development activities. We greatly prefer to promote from within and provide many training and development opportunities to help our people grow their skills across the board. Our company founders and executive team are easily accessible within our open communication environment because we value employee ideas and input, and our collaborative team-centered work methods help us build off of each others’ success.
Additional benefits of CapTech include:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term disability
- Long-Term disability
- Company provided life insurance plus option to purchase additional for self and family
- Long - Term care Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care costs
- Option for company paid cell phone plan or personal cell phone plan reimbursement
- Paid Time Off with no required allocation for holidays, sick days, etc.
- Training opportunities through vast internal training programs including CapTech University
- Training and Certifications eligible for expense reimbursement (highly encouraged)
- Education reimbursement option
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
- Collaborative work environment allowing you to learn from your peers
- The best deserves the best - CapTech consultants utilize cutting edge hardware and software to provide our clients with worry free solutions
If you are a well-rounded and innovative IT Mobile Application Developer looking for fun and challenging IT work beyond dull maintenance projects, join our cutting-edge team at CapTech! We are seeking a self-motivated and cooperative IT Mobile Application Developer to develop and support large-scale systems and web applications for Fortune 500 clients in our mobile department. As an IT Mobile Application Developer with CapTech, you will work on exciting and diverse mobile platform and application projects with a dynamic team made up of business and system analysts, project managers and other developers.
As an IT Mobile Application Developer with CapTech, you will work in a collaborative environment in which knowledge is shared within and between teams. You will provide technical mentoring and leadership as you proceed through the mobile application development lifecycle.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Mobile Application Developer include:
- Building out customer-facing self service mobile applications
- Developing internal business-facing mobile platforms that facilitate business interactions
- Facilitating access to customer data through mobile platforms
- Developing mobile applications based on your strong iOS, Android or HTML5 skill base
- Working on other projects as assigned
As an IT Mobile Application Developer with CapTech, you must possess superb communication and presentation skills as well as strong technical documentation skills. Our ideal IT Mobile Application Developer is a thought leader who is open to new ideas, has a desire to learn new concepts and is willing to collaborate with others on projects. You must also be able to present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions to internal and external teams who may not have IT backgrounds.
Additional requirements for the IT Mobile Application Developer include:
- High school degree required; Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience with non-mobile systems such as Java and/or .NET
- Working knowledge of iOS and/or Android operating systems
- Deployed one or more applications to a public mobile app store preferred
- Experience in mobile interface design and development
- Adaptable technical abilities
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed
- Experience completing an application and seeing it through the certification or app market process preferred
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
bodyRendered = new Date().getTime();
lastOnload = new Date().getTime();