Experience: 4 - 6 years
CCCi seeks an ETL Developer for a 3 month contract to hire position with our client in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will enjoy working with a high-energy, customer-focused team of business, data and technical experts managing the financial settlement and data warehouse environments for a premier debit card provider in the nation.
ETL Developer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full life cycle of warehouse systems from requirements gathering and analysis
through implementation of the production system.
- Code, test, debug, and document Data Warehouse and financially-related ETL applications of moderate
complexity; also - collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, design documentation, process
enhancements and other aspects of SDLC
- Provide support in all aspects of data movement for a data warehouse environment, with emphasis on
the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process.
- Translate customer requirements and formulates detailed specifications from which programs are written
- Maintain a suite of existing applications and provide critical production support to meet daily OLA/SLAs
defined with internal and external stakeholders
- Along with regular production support, the team is focused on enhancing the platform's scalability and
availability to keep ahead of our growth and improve levels of service.
- Participate in 24hr on-call support (on rotation basis)
- Identify opportunities to optimize our ETL environment including monitoring and implementing quality
and validation processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Participate in development and production support around few non-ETL applications like EBX/MDM,
OBIEE, TIDAL, etc…
- Participate in two week sprints with releases roughly every other month depending on business needs.
ETL Developer Requirements:
- Must have 4+ years of experience working either a Data Warehousing environment (focused on
Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouse and Data Marts) or experience developing Enterprise ETL
- 3+ years development experience with various ETL tools (combination of Oracle Warehouse Builder –
OWB, IBM IBM DataStage, Informatica, etc) is required
- 3+ years Oracle PL/SQL Development and Oracle SQL tuning experience is required
- Good understanding with basic Unix Scripting Language
- Knowledge/experience with data warehousing concepts such as data modeling, data quality, SCD, ETL
and developing data warehouse applications using an Agile methodology preferred
- Working knowledge of the Business Intelligence (BI, OLAP, ROLAP) tools
- Must understand the development and maintenance techniques surrounding data movement.
ETL Developer Desired Skills:
- 1+ years development experience specifically with Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB)
- 1+ years Java/XML working experience is preferred
- Prefer experience with Master Data Management (MDM) environment
- Prefer experience interfacing with ERP (Oracle E-Business Suite) environment
- Prefer experience financial services or in a high-transaction processing environment
- Experience with high transactional volume or highly available systems are desirable.
ETL, Data Warehouse, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, Unix Scripting
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce