Specialty Gas Sales Specialist
You’ll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With nearly 1,200 locations and approximately 15,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The NCN Region of Airgas USA, LLC (responsible for Northern California/Nevada) has an opening for an experienced Speciality Gas Sales Representative.
Sells specialty gases to diverse organizations, including, but not limited to universities, hospitals, analytical laboratories, food processors, packing-houses, etc. Provides stores with specialty gas product information, catalogs and pricing. Provides training to inside and outside sales staff on specialty gas business. Instructs sales people where to look for specialty gas business. Takes orders, handles technical issues and estimates quantities of gases required for to fill customer’s need. Advises customer on tools, hardware and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks the customers wish to perform. Calls on prospective and existing customers to increase sales.
• Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on gases business and product supply agreements.
• Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
• Complete and turn in sales-related paperwork (call reports, cylinder audits, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Provides technical support to customers.
• Create and submit product codes and pricing for specialty gas.
• Represents the company at diverse events to showcase products.
• Prepare annual sales analysis and forecast for supervisor.
• Provide market and competitor information to supervisor.
• Lead and promote safety, attend safety meetings and strictly observe safety rules.
• Maintain a professional and neat appearance of self and vehicle when representing the company.
• Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Inform plant manager of cylinders to be purchased to meet requirements of new customers.
• Provide backup during vacations and other instances of personnel shortages.
• Liaison between Airgas stores and pumping plant operations for requirements.
• Liaison between Airgas, Northern California and Nevada Region and Airgas, Corporate for specialty gas products.
• 5+ years experience in specialty gas industry and/or sales, preferably both.
• Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biology or related, or equivalent work experience.
• Must have excellent product knowledge in gases and end user processes
• Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer sites.
• Ability to perform heavy work -- routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs.; duties may include prolonged standing (up to 8 hours), sitting while driving (up to 6 hours), frequent bending, twisting and reaching (up to 4 hours), and occasional climbing on stairs, ladders or trucks (up to 2 hours).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform data entry in a computer, and extract information on orders.
• Ability to read and comprehend materiel safety data sheets.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customers’ needs and management expectations.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must be detail-oriented to complete approximately 2 hours of paperwork each day.
• Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Prefer candidates with product and applications knowledge pertaining to incubators, cryogenic freezers, gas panels, and remote monitoring systems.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company’s discretion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work during prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and feeling. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We know it takes time and energy to submit an application. While we sincerely appreciate your interest in career opportunities with Airgas, due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to reach out to every applicant individually. If we think you might be a match for this position our recruiting team will reach out to you directly.
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and supplies. Airgas is also a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases, carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. distributors of safety products, and a leading U.S. distributor of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Airgas Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors Peter McCausland founded the company in 1982. Through approximately 400 acquisitions and internal growth, Airgas has built the largest national distribution network in the packaged gas industry. More than 15,000 employees work in more than 1,100 locations includes branches, cylinder fill plants, production facilities, specialty gas laboratories, and regional distribution centers to serve a diversified customer base. Airgas markets through multiple channels, including its own branches and outside sales force, a Strategic Accounts Team focused on large customers, distributors and resellers, telesales, catalog and eBusiness channels.