Business Analyst / Consultant
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Title: Business Analyst / Interface Consultant
Location: Austin, TX
Type: 3-6 Month, Contract to Hire
CCCi’s client is looking for (3) exceptional Business Analysts to join their team. The BA’s will be an important contributor to our client’s retail solution in the area of Grocery Point of Sale. The selected candidates will work with retailers to implement Point of Sale solutions on customer hardware, and to provide interface definitions into the customer’s back end systems. He or she will be expected to know our client’s interface specifications, both incoming and outgoing messages, and be able to consult with the Retailer teams to understand different ways to implement require functions. The Business Analysts are the liaison between assigned business unit(s) and the Software/IT organization to support the translation of operational needs into software specifications as well as coordinate the implementation of new or enhanced software technologies. Additional responsibilities may include functional analysis for specific applications
Key Responsibilities (Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned)
- Learning the current POS system and Interface specifications
- Consulting with Retailers on the details of the system, its interfaces and ensure that the specifications of their implementation meets our client’s specification guidelines.
- Consulting with the Retailers on the options, configuration settings and targeted architecture of their system to ensure that the POS system is set up properly based on their intended usage.
- Consult with the Retailers on Failover / Redundancy of the solution within their store environment.
- Working as a Business Analyst to capture the Retailers requirements and comparing those requirements against existing Solution functionality to determine gap items.
- Consulting with the Retailer on possible work arounds or new high level design options to meet gap needs.
- Work with our client’s internal development teams to transfer knowledge learned from the BA activities into new feature development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ recent experience working as a Business Analyst in software development related projects
- A minimum of 2+ years of customer facing skills
- 5+ years of software development project experience
- 2+ years of customer facing experience while in sales, consulting or customer support
- Strong structured problem solving skills and analytical thinking with organizational skills.
- Ability to turn requirements into specification documents to be used by development team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Retail POS system
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrating the ability to drive results through others.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and drug screen
- Sponsorship is not being offered at this time
Business Analyst, POS, Retail, SDLC, Implementation
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
4 Year Degree