As Kitchen Manager, you’ll learn how to prepare great food, grill meats, and sauté vegetables. You are responsible for making sure our food is absolutely delicious. You’ll order the food and train others to become future kitchen managers.
The Kitchen Manager enjoys the responsibility of ensuring the quality and safety of Chipotle’s delicious food every day. They see to it that the kitchen is clean, organized and well stocked; and that the equipment is properly maintained and in good condition. Throughout the process they are training and developing Crew members, to help them learn to become future Kitchen Managers. At its core, as with every position at Chipotle, it is about promoting teamwork and creating a great customer experience. While on the clock, the Kitchen Manager is always busy on their feet, accomplishing their station’s goals, taking on tasks that they see that need to get done, and pitching-in to help their teammates.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following kitchen procedures
• Monitoring food waste and inventory levels, and resolving food quality issues
• Developing a strong team dynamic between back of house Crew and front of house Crew
• Training and developing Crew members to be future Kitchen Managers
• Communicating with Crew members effectively in order to ensure great customer service and throughput
• Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
• Monitoring kitchen equipment and ensuring it is kept in good repair; making sure malfunctioning equipment is repaired as quickly as possible
• Ensuring that the kitchen itself and all Crew members meet the necessary guidelines to ensure there are no injuries or accidents
• Filling out Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Inventory Rotation (FIFO)