At least 4 year(s)
Esurance, a member of the Allstate family, offers car insurance directly
to consumers online or over the phone. Founded in 1999, we've grown from
a handful of employees in a tiny office to 15 offices nationwide — and
we’re still growing.
We owe our success to an innovative, pioneering approach to car insurance
that blends customer service excellence with all the advantages technology
has to offer. With 24/7 customer service, an award-winning website, dedicated
claims reps, and a cool mobile app, our goal is to make car insurance smarter
and easier from quote to claim.
And of course, we wouldn't be anywhere without our dynamic, diligent,
and uber-smart associates. If that's you, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits, and a diverse, inclusive workplace where
you’ll be honored for your individual contributions.
At Esurance, we believe a career isn’t just something you do 40 hours
a week for a paycheck. Nor is it just a job you hold until something better
A career should inspire, drive, challenge, and reward. It should offer
a competitive salary as well as a warm, welcoming work environment and
numerous opportunities for growth. At Esurance, a rewarding career awaits
each and every one of our associates.
To support our associates in their endeavors, we provide ongoing training,
access to Esurance University, and tuition reimbursement. But we don't
stop there. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and flexible
work schedule options to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term
financial goals, and balance the demands of work and life.
Esurance believes in bettering the communities in which we live and work.
From charitable grants to raising consciousness for a variety of causes
to helping plant trees across the nation, we're committed to doing our
part to make the world a better place.
At Esurance, "diversity and inclusion" is more than a concept, more than
a political statement, or a soapbox. It's part of who we are, part of where
we've come from, and most important, it's part of what we do.
It goes without saying that we're committed to providing an environment
where each individual is respected and supported regardless of creed, gender,
sexual orientation, or color. From our internal promotions based on individual
achievement to our everyday interactions at the office, we embrace and
celebrate the individuals who make up our growing team.
As an innovator in our field, it's no surprise that we've won a few awards
over the years. Check out our professional accolades and see what makes
Esurance named to 2012 InformationWeek 500
Esurance has again made the InformationWeek 500 — an annual listing of
the nation’s most innovative users of business technology — earning the
honor for its continued use of virtualization and cloud computing to make
buying and managing car insurance easier.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Summary: Senior Business Systems Analysts capitalize on your IT geek-speak interpreting Liaison skills with this NEXT LEVEL career opportunity!
We are Esurance, an Allstate Company, and our mission is to create and provide insurance for the modern world. We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will have an insurance and information technology background. In this challenging role, you will be the Liaison responsible for working closely with business and technology to translate business requirements into technical design and program specifications.
Your strong interpersonal and collaborative skills will be vital in working closely with the Business Analyst to understand the requirements; and uses the BRD to work with designers and developers to assess and create technical solutions and detailed requirements. This is a Next Level
opportunity that requires a self-starter that takes initiative, is a team player and flourishes in a fast-paced environment and works well independently. Your ability to communicate and convey concepts and ideas clearly as well as professionally, verbally and in writing is essential to the position. This is an exciting opportunity to work on stimulating projects and have a significant impact at a company that is an innovative leader in the insurance industry. We want our Associates to be enriched both in and out of the office. We're pleased we can offer Allstate's
highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (starts day 1)
- Flexibility Spending Accounts; AD&D; Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holiday, etc.) and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution; Charitable Matching Program
- Referral Bonus; Employee Assistance Program
We are offering cutting edge technology, developmental opportunities, challenges, and competitive compensation including generous bonus potential! Please apply today!
Responsibilities: As our Senior Business Systems Analyst, with your insurance and IT knowledge, you will be partnering with Business Analysts to understand and clarify User Requirements to validate system changes. The scope ranges from minor enhancements to major projects; platforms include web, mobile, and voice. Requirements may be specific to products, or related claims, sales and service processes; all in support of product releases.
Additional responsibilities for our Senior Business Analyst include:
- Identifying & documenting technical requirements (e.g. performance, security, availability, capacity, reporting, etc.)
- Completing detailed Technical Requirements to complete the Technical section of the BRD, so that the Development team can use it to program requested changes, and/or create systems design changes
- Working with key stakeholders from the following departments: UI, QA, Dev, BI, DBAs, to ensure solution and documentation meets all requirements
- Working closely with QA during requirements to ensure testing strategies & plans adequately cover the most critical business & systems requirements, and that expected key quality metrics are identified (e.g. discounts, PIF, etc.)
- Reviewing BRDs submitted by other departments to ensure they are consistent and complete with the specific BRD being developed
In addition to career advancement opportunities and a fun work culture, Esurance offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision care and supplemental life insurance benefits for you and your family, a competitive compensation package along with a Performance Bonus, company matching 401(k) plan, and immediate tuition reimbursement from the start of your employment.
- Performing other related department duties as assigned including maintaining traceability, and currency of requirements
Job Requirements As our Senior Business System Analyst, you will have insurance experience,technical knowledge of policy management or other insurance systems; job experience and/or non-degree courses in design, business, and management or computer studies may substitute. Additional requirements for our Business Analyst include:
- Degree in Design, Management Information Systems, or related course of study from a four year accredited university, preferred
- Experience in SDLC (Agile, Waterfall), must have experience in at least 2 disciplines/phases; E.g. QA & Programming
- 5 years of IT Technical experience
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within systems; including SOA, use cases, BRDs, architecture patterns, etc.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Access
- Proficiency in JIRA, a plus
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.