Prestige Care, Inc
Charge Nurse -LPN or RN
Supervises and directs daily nursing activities and care of residents under the supervision of the Director of Nursing and as prescribed by the physician, ensuring compliance with accepted standards of nurse practice and regulation. Promotes a positive physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
ESSETIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Supervises nursing department staff in the daily delivery of resident care, monitors and schedules job assignments and develop nursing unit priorities.
2. Assists in filling shifts by contacting staff to fill in for staff absences.
3. Provides direct resident care when needed, as determined by resident condition and available staff, completes treatments and procedures as ordered by the physician.
4. Observes and assesses resident condition, reporting changes to physician and Resident Care Manager, administers medications as ordered by the physician and directs Medication Aides accordingly.
5. Evaluates resident response to nursing interventions and alters care plan through ongoing assessments.
6. Completes quality care audits as assigned, ensure equipment and work areas are clean, safe, and orderly, and ensure strict adherence to procedures regarding hazardous chemicals and fire safety.
7. Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously with respect, dignity and promote resident rights.
8. Documents all pertinent information on interdisciplinary notes and the 24-hour D.N.S. report form, documents medications administered, treatments and procedures performed on appropriate records.
9. Prepares or assists with new admissions, transfers, and discharges.Document all pertinent information on interdisciplinary notes and 24 hour D.N.S. report form, document medications administered, treatments and procedures performed on appropriate records.Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the residents, employees.
Must have a current LPN or RN license. Excellent written and oral
communication and motivational skills are essential to success. Ability to creatively
problem solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Individual
must be a team player, well organized, and flexible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
LPN certificate, Associate Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Minimum of 1 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication
administration, delivery systems and pharmacies. One year in supervisory/management
position, with experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling.
Additional course work in management an asset.
Prestige Care is a complete senior service organization consisting of skilled nursing facilities, dementia care facilities, assisted living communities, and retirement communities. Founded in 1985, we are one of the largest Northwest based operators of long-term senior care facilities. Prestige Care has communities in eight states, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, California, Arizona, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska – And we are growing!
Prestige Care has provided the finest in Senior Care for over four generations. We operate on the core values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment, and Trust, and are committed to providing quality care and personalized service. We are recognized in our field for excellence, integrity, and innovation. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.prestigecare.com.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.