Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract
a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To
these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 17 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Medicare Billing Collections Representative - Atlanta, GA or Nashville, TN
When you are in the business of health care, you're in the business of people. At UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot to them and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
This function is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries/issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments
- Handle unresolved inquiries/issues
- Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices
- May work with outside legal counsel and/ or outside agencies in more complex collection cases
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm or 10:00am to 6:30pm
- 3+ years of Medicare Hospital, Clinic, and Professional Fee billing experience
- 3+ years of UB04 and CMS1500 claims forms required
- 3+ years of medical billing and collections experience required
- Basic MS Excel experience required
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Accounting
Admin - Clerical
Job Reference Code: UHG-533087
Position Type: Full-Time