Partial Job Description
1) Ensure safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems for maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company
2) Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance
3) Participate in line side reviews daily
4) Answer question and propose solutions to complex operating issues as they relate to maintenance of equipment or equipment uptime
5) Initiate, implement and manage the plant and facilities maintenance program based on best practices in the food processing/pickle processing industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance
6) Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment and initiate reordering when needed
7) Maintain and repair maintenance shop equipment
8) Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts and maintenance history of plant equipment
9) Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solve maintenance-related problems
10) Supervise and maintain plant maintenance personnel
11) Ensure maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
12) Communicate regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues
13) Over communicate core values and management team objectives to ensure maintenance department is fully aligned with operational goals
14) Conduct employee performance review based on job descriptions to determine goal achievement, competency, knowledge and contribution of the maintenance technicians
15) Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department
16) Ensure all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures
17) Monitor operation of plant equipment and systems
18) Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement
19) Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and reduce operating costs
20) Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as maintenance machine uptime, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
21) Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
22) Ensure city, county, state and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times
23) Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department
24) Review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians
25) Coordinate activities with plant operations departments
26) Communicate directly with the Operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
27) Communicate directly with QA laboratory to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures
28) Implement programs and procedures required to ensure plant safety, GMP and cleanliness/sanitation
29) Assist with planning and implementing plant improvements, expansions or site development
30) Use project management tools (such as Gantt charts, etc.) to effectively plan and monitor project status and implementation
31) Lead spare part procurement effort and maintenance training effort, identify/secure critical supply and service agreements, lead the maintenance group during major project implementation, etc.
32) Supervise directly maintenance staff
33) Assist with interviewing, hiring and training maintenance employees
34) Plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees and address complaints and resolve problems
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Food Jobs, Beverage Jobs, Food Careers, Meat, Dairy, Baked Goods, CPG, Bakery, Beef, Vegetable, Fruit, Snacks, Cream, Cheese, Ingredients, Wine, Candy, Confectionery, Bread, Bagel, Nutraceutical, Kraft, Grocery, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality Assurance, QA, QC, Sanitation, Logistics, Maintenance, Engineering, Engineer, Food Science, Beverage Careers, Food Manufacturing, Food Processing, Food Science, Restaurant, Fresh Produce, Organic Foods, Food Industry, Beverage Industry, Frozen Dessert, Frozen Food
FEP Search Group is one of North America's most competent and resource-rich staffing firms.
Established in 1975, the firm has been able to align clients with the industry's best talent. Our 16,000-plus highly qualified candidates placed successfully in leading companies prove that we are one of North America's most competent, aggressive and candidate-rich search firms.