4 Year Degree
At least 2 year(s)
Founded in 1997, CapTech Ventures is a private midsized consulting firm that designs and builds information systems. The driving force behind our success is the close relationships that we develop with our clients, getting to know their businesses and the vision that guides them. In 2004, we received the Impact Award of the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce for its achievements in growth, economic impact and community support. Our newest honor was winning the Customer Engagement 2012 AMCF Consulting Project of the Year. Over the years, we have been recognized by Ernst and Young, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Greater Richmond Partnership, United Way, RichTech and numerous other organizations for our steady growth and positive impact on the communities it serves. We are expanding our client base both geographically and across industry lines and are recruiting, retaining and nourishing a highly skilled workforce.
CapTech is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in Portals and Collaboration Competency (SharePoint). Less than one percent of all Microsoft Partners have a Gold Competency.
At CapTech, we strive to balance intense, mission-critical consulting with fun and camaraderie. In addition to regular corporate functions and events, we support softball, baseball, biking and running teams. Managers also organize smaller outings for their functional teams such as Segway tours, a deep sea fishing trip and cooking classes. We also have a long history of supporting philanthropic and economic development activities. We greatly prefer to promote from within and provide many training and development opportunities to help our people grow their skills across the board. Our company founders and executive team are easily accessible within our open communication environment because we value employee ideas and input, and our collaborative team-centered work methods help us build off of each others’ success.
Additional benefits of CapTech include:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term disability
- Long-Term disability
- Company provided life insurance plus option to purchase additional for self and family
- Long - Term care Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care costs
- Option for company paid cell phone plan or personal cell phone plan reimbursement
- Paid Time Off with no required allocation for holidays, sick days, etc.
- Training opportunities through vast internal training programs including CapTech University
- Training and Certifications eligible for expense reimbursement (highly encouraged)
- Education reimbursement option
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
- Collaborative work environment allowing you to learn from your peers
- The best deserves the best - CapTech consultants utilize cutting edge hardware and software to provide our clients with worry free solutions
If you are a well-rounded and innovative IT SharePoint Developer looking for fun and challenging IT work beyond dull maintenance projects, join our cutting-edge team at CapTech! We are seeking a self-motivated and cooperative IT SharePoint Developer to develop, deploy, and support customized intranet and client-facing web sites and applications utilizing Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and third party components. As an IT SharePoint Developer with CapTech, you will participate in the design process and assist in the overall solution architecture in collaboration with a dynamic team made up of business and system analysts, project managers and other developers.
As an IT SharePoint Developer with CapTech, you will work in a collaborative environment in which knowledge is shared within and between teams. You will design, develop, and maintain custom components such as master pages, web parts, workflows, user controls and InfoPath forms) for corporate intranet web sites and client portals deployed to SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0 environments.
Additional responsibilities of the IT SharePoint Developer include:
- Agile participation in morning scrum meetings with colleagues to discuss project progress, including any impediments to timely completion
- Developing custom applications/components where appropriate to support enterprise projects or leverarging use of Out Of The Box (OOTB) SharePoint features and functionality
- Working with Business Analysts to design and develop capabilities that meet client business requirements
- Developing connectors to consume and interface external line of business application data for mission critical applications
- Examining requirements documents and creating technical designs, unit tests, system tests and implementation plans for projects
- Maintaining current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for SharePoint solutions
As an IT SharePoint Developer with CapTech, you must possess superb communication, consulting and time management skills as well as strong analytical skills. Our ideal IT SharePoint Developer is a cooperative thought leader who is an asset in a team environment, can wear many different hats and strikes a strong balance between SharePoint development skills and business acumen. You must also be able to present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions to business stakeholders and work independently in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing demands.
Additional requirements for the IT SharePoint Developer include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; SharePoint and/or ASP.NET Developer certifications a plus
- Minimum 2 years experience with SharePoint 2010, PowerShell, OOTB features and interaction between SharePoint and IIS
- Understanding of jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services
- Experience implementing an information architecture using content types, site columns, page layouts, managed metadata, keywords and other enterprise content management features
- Experience with SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts, workflow creation, .NET Framework 3.5, C# and ASP.NET
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft Office 2010 required; Team Foundation Server 2010 experience preferred
- Ability to review event logs and ULS to conduct troubleshooting
- Adaptable technical and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2 and/or content migration tools preferred
- Experience with industry-accepted design patterns and best practices preferred
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.