Description The Global Supply Director is accountable for the overall Supply Process, consisting of Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Procurement functions. The position is responsible for the development and effective execution of Global Supply strategies and alignment of inventory deployment based on supply and demand. The position supports and works closely with Manufacturing Operations, Logistics, Global Supply Chain professionals and the Business Process Team. The Global Director of Supply ensures an effective Global Demand Planning Consensus and Supply Planning Consensus is utilized as part of the overall S&OP process. The position is also accountable for developing service and inventory targets for the business unit; the development of supplier strategies resulting in effective Category Management execution and alignment with Company Procurement. Responsibilities of the position include managing the operating performance of Global Demand Planning Manager, Supply Planning Managers and Procurement Manager, as well as developing necessary skill competencies. Reports to the VP of Operations, BDDS.
xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xmlns:htm='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:ftl='http://www.taleo.net/ftl' class='no-change-header-inline'>
- Directly manages the Global Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Procurement functional managers. Ensure key objectives are being managed on a daily basis within functions. Communicates direction, priorities and issues/risks to staff and key stakeholders
- Participates in the development of BDDS key objectives related to inventory, service and manufacturing variances
- Responsible for Supply Review portion of S&OP process for Microbiology
- Accountable to develop and meet departmental budgets, establish material standard cost and PPV budget
- Accountable to ensure an effective Demand Consensus process and utilization of available tools in determining forecast accuracy goals
- Establishes inventory strategies, to achieve management objectives for service levels, backorder incidence/duration and inventory turnover. Identifies and leads efforts to improve inventory turns on finished goods and minimize preventable losses due to excess supply and obsolescence
- Establish Operational Metrics to track, record and improve performance
- Develop strategies to minimize risk of sole and single source suppliers. Monitor environmental conditions and inform key stakeholders of risks and opportunities
- Support new product introductions through supplier selection/approval, product forecasting and planned inventory builds
- Manages Long Term Planning (LTP) Process to minimize affect of cost driven by global unit volumes. Accountable to determine critical unit changes and affect on manufacturing variances, and cost rolled through raw material variances
- Establishes performance expectations and development plans for all associates in Global Demand, Supply, and Procurement. Identifies organizational skill gaps and implements plans for improvement. Encourages professional development of all associates
- Directs the Demand, Supply and Procurement elements for product conversions and rationalization efforts in support of the Product Optimization Program
- Complies with all GMP, regulatory and ISO guidelines including company policies and departmental procedures
BS/BA in Business Administration, Logistics or related field, plus a minimum of 10 years Supply Chain Management experience. MBA or advanced degree desirable.
Leadership/Managerial experience minimum of 5-7 years, plus strong global supply chain experience
- Extensive experience with MPS/MRP systems and Microsoft Windows. Knowledge of integrated Supply Chain systems (i.e., SAP R/3, APO).
- APICS Certification (CPIM)
- Advanced planning, analytical, interpersonal, organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma.
- Thorough knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.