Catholic Health Initiatives: St. Joseph's Area Health Services
|Company: Saint Joseph Health System|
|Location: Nicholasville, KY
|Base Pay: N/A|
|Employee Type: Full-Time|
|Industry: Healthcare - Health Services|
|Manages Others: Not Specified|
|Job Type: Health Care|
|Req'd Education: High School|
|Req'd Experience: At least 1 year(s)|
|Req'd Travel: Not Specified|
|Relocation Covered: Not Specified|
|Contact: Not Available|
|Reference ID: 1200023610|
Report this job
Ultrasound Technologist - SJJ - Days - Casual
Under general direction and in an efficient and professional manner, operates radiological equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray films as prescribed by physicians and perform routine diagnostic procedures with respect to specialty/sub-specialty areas (i.e. cardiac, general and sub-specialties) in a variety of healthcare settings according to established standards and practices.
- Execute all varieties of diagnostic ultrasound exams presently offered by the department in an efficient and professional manner; perform all examinations in accordance with the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) standards and department protocols; determine correct techniques to obtain images of the highest quality and resolution; determine suitable areas for needle aspirations and/or tissue biopsies for pathologic diagnosis.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner, reporting all malfunctions to the department manager/director or Clinical Engineering.
- Maintain the physical environment of the department in a clean, well stocked and orderly manner.
- Serve as a liaison between patients, interpreting physicians (radiologists) and referring physicians; explain testing procedures to the patient and/or family; and ensures that emergent exam results are relayed promptly to the appropriate physician or medical floor.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the potential of medical/health care issues.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all patient, personnel and medical center information.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual situations.
- Must be able to respond within 30 minutes for on-call.
- High school diploma required.
- Graduate of an accredited program in radiologic technology or ultrasound.
- Must be registered in good standing with the ARDMS (American Registry of diagnostic Medical Sonographers) and have RVT Certification or complete the registry within one year from date of hire.
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction from management, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Associate Handbook and all hospital policies.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
KentuckyOne Health and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employers.CB
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period: 8
Weekends Required: Occasional
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.