Project Manager (Hospital Information Systems)
Title: Project Manager (Hospital Information Systems)
Location: United States-Hawaii-Honolulu
Job Number: 14002249
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Xerox Healthcare Provider Solutions (HPS) is the foremost provider of consulting, application delivery, and IT and Business Process Outsourcing to the healthcare industry. Our full suite of healthcare services help our clients implement the technologies and best practices that will lead them to clinical transformation and financial improvement. Xerox HPS has serviced more than 4,000 clients in all 50 states and throughout the world. Our clients include hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and other providers of care; payers and health plans; life sciences and technology firms and federal government agencies.
Xerox HPS has a full-time employment opportunity for aProject Manager. This position is located at our hospital client in Honolulu, Hawaii. Candidates must be located in the Honolulu, Hawaii area or willing to relocate self to same.
• Manage IT projects, programs and implementations for hospital client and its affiliates. The hospital’s primary system is Epic but project management needs come from many departments and technical IT requirements. The topics of the projects and implementations this position will address cover the width and breath of IT healthcare.
• Organizes and monitors project activities. This may require interdepartmental meetings and communication ensuring completion of the project or implementation on schedule and within budget.
• Manages personnel and implementation projects involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on completion of project activities.
• Assigns and monitors work to technical personnel, such as Systems Analysts, Network Analysts, DBA’s etc., providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives.
• Directs the activities of project support staff and is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of the project.
• Develops Project Management tools and documentation including Task Lists, Scopes and Objectives, Risk Assessments, Communication Plan, Executive Dashboard, Minutes, Issues List, Change Management Document and other common project management tools.
• Acts as an advisor to colleagues on project management requirements and techniques and assists with their successful completion of projects/implementations.
• Communicates with vendors, users, and IT support techs and Analysts for multiple applications.
Preferred Qualifications and Technical skills:
• PMP Certification
• Project Management training
• Project Management Office standards knowledge
• MS Excel and MS Access
• 3 years healthcare/IT experience.
• 3 years of experience managing healthcare IT projects
• Demonstrated use of Project Management tools such as Project Task Lists, Scope and Objective Documents, Risk Assessments, Communication Plans, Executive Dashboards or Flash Reports, Meeting Minutes, Issues Lists, Change Management Documents and other common project management tools
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with users, vendors and support techs in the role of Project Manager for healthcare IT projects.
• Must have strong problem solving / troubleshooting / analysis skills
• Excellent organizational and consulting skills are requirements
• A customer service orientation is necessary
• B. S. degree in computer or information science or equivalent related experience
Xerox Business Services, LLC and its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Services may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to accommodations @ xerox.com.
Not ready to apply?
We are a group of talented people who provide business process outsourcing and information technology (IT) services to schools, small businesses, government agencies, and Fortune 1000 companies – we span all types and sizes of organizations – worldwide. We are dedicated to innovation, service and giving our clients the freedom to focus on what matters most: Their real business.
We have the technology and services to take on all our clients’ essential business processes. It’s a powerful statement and one that defines and differentiates our company. We offer our clients the most diverse array of business process and IT outsourcing support. We’re the people who make technology work for a variety of industries, including education, energy, financial, government, healthcare, retail, and transportation
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.