Guest Service Associate - Destination XL
The primary focus of the Guest Service Associate is to be a customer service and product knowledge expert who is committed to building and sustaining a long term relationships with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. They are accountable for helping to drive sales and profitability. Our Sales Guest Service Associate must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They must demonstrate high standards of performance and exhibit those standards. The ability to develop and maintain long term customer relationships is critical.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services. Assist Sales staff with guest interactions as necessary to ensure an exemplary guest experience.
- Positively affect profitability in the areas of customer service, sales, inventory/ expense control and risk management.
- Accurately and efficiently ring sales on registers and maintain cash/credit according to strict handling procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction.
- Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Help create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.
- Ensure each customer is connected to the brand by engaging him/her in our loyalty program and turning them into DXLG “fans” by encouraging return visits.
- Ensure a unique, memorable and emotional customer experience. The word “NO” is not in our vocabulary – we must strive to be the customer’s “Champion”!
- Minimum of 1 year of retail experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college or university degree helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service techniques and experience with problem/complaint resolution.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret company policies and procedures and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong basic math skills and solid computer skills.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions and policies and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a pre-employment assessment and may be required to pass a background check.
- The associate must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
DESTINATION XL GROUP, INC.
Big on being better
Destination XL Group, Inc. is the largest specialty retailer of men's big and tall apparel, with an all-inclusive multi-channel website and hundreds of stores across the country, including Destination XL, Casual Male XL, and Rochester Big & Tall store locations. Our diverse online assortment also includes ShoesXL, LivingXL and B&T Factory Direct.
Our culture is one that values social responsibility, individual expression and creativity, and thrives on progressive thinking. Our corporate headquarters and distribution center are located close to Boston in Canton, Massachusetts, and includes amenities such as a full-service cafeteria, free on-site fitness center, and casual business attire.
We offer a wide variety of career opportunities in our corporate office, call center, distribution center, and in our retail stores across the country. If you think you have what it means to be "Big on being better," we want to talk to you!