A leading company in the medical device industry is currently seeking a Principal Design Engineer to join their team. For the right candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity with great growth prospects. Details:
1) The Senior/Principal Designer models and documents product designs.
2) He or she designs simple parts, sub-assemblies, mechanisms, and complex products in 3D (Pro/E preferred).
3) The Senior/Principal Designer documents the process, exports data for analysis, and works collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
4) Responsible for capturing the design intent in CAD models and drawings.
5) Must have knowledge of general manufacturing technologies (plastic injection molding, stamping, milling, turning, various fastening techniques) including low to medium volume manufacturing processes.
6) Responsible for design control and design documentation release using tools such as CAD data management and document release system.
7) Capable of documenting intellectual property, i.e. in lab notebook.
8) Responsible for communication of design intent to cross functional development team and suppliers, both verbally and in written documentation.
9) The individual must have proficiency in computer communication tools and design documentation (i.e. Microsoft Office products).
10) Responsible for evaluating prototype components for conformance to design intent via inspection and functional evaluation.
11) Responsible for GD&T and tolerance analysis.
12) Responsible for innovative design solutions.
13) Responsible for planning work to align with project plan and team objectives.
14) Responsible for communication best practices among other designers.
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Biotechnology Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, Medical Device Jobs, Small Molecule, Biologic, Oncology, Hematology, Dermatology, Neurology, Cardiology, Urology, Nephrology, Vaccine, Disease, Drug Development, Surgery, Physician, EMR, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Scientist, R&D, Clinical Research, Clinical Trial, Regulatory Affairs, Nutraceutical, Surgeon, MD, Hospital, Immunology, Quality, QC, Validation, Engineer, QA, Manufacturing, Engineering, Aseptic, Sterility, Hospital, Research and Development, Medical Affairs, Drug Safety
1) University degree is required (preference will be given to those with degree in relevant field, though all candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply)
2) Appropriate full-time work experience is mandatory (no students or fresh graduates please)
3) Recent experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred
4) Preference will be given to people have recent experience in design engineering
If you believe you have the ability to excel in this role, this could be the right opportunity to work with a great company in the medical device industry.
Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is the premier recruitment firm in North America for companies involved in the research, clinical development, manufacturing and distribution of drugs and devices that allow patients to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Leveraging a network of relationships in every major city – including New York, San Francisco, Raleigh-Durham, Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Los Angeles – Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is ideally positioned to assist fast growing CROs, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms and medical device players in their quest to recruit the best people.